And down goes an HR34

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pacochu

Original poster
Sep 29, 2012
Houston, TX
Sometime around 4:00 this afternoon, my HR34 receiver just stopped working. Neither power cycles or reset button presses would get it going again. The little DirecTV logo lit up, but that was it. No other lights showed up. My clients just say they are unable to find a server. Tech Support has apparently never heard of this happening before where the power light would come on, but no other lights. They are sending out a new receiver which can take up to three days per the rep. She states sh is doing the most she can buy giving me credit for no service through Friday....a whopping $20 worth of bill credits.

I pulled down a set of rabbit ears I had leftover from Hurricane Ike and that will hopefully get me some OTA in one room. I have four month old twins and the girl loves to watch baseball and it quiets her down when she gets ornery. It's going to be a long week if this three day shipping thing takes that long. At least my contract is up this fall.

Hopefully they'll send you a HR44 instead of another HR34,HOPEFULLY(no guarantee that will happen). This is why people advise getting a HD DVR in addition to a Genie so you don't lose TV if your Genie fails. Unfortunately if you do get a HD DVR now it'll extend your contract another 2 years,but if you are like me & have no plans of dropping DIRECTV in the future,it's a small price to pay. Just replace of of your clients with the HD DVR(hopefully a HR24).

Hopefully they'll send you a HR44 instead of another HR34,HOPEFULLY(no guarantee that will happen). This is why people advise getting a HD DVR in addition to a Genie so you don't lose TV if your Genie fails. Unfortunately if you do get a HD DVR now it'll extend your contract another 2 years,but if you are like me & have no plans of dropping DIRECTV in the future,it's a small price to pay. Just replace of of your clients with the HD DVR(hopefully a HR24).

A Replacement for defective equipment should NOT have a commitment with it.

You are correct, this is exactly why we all tell people to get/keep a HR24 (or other recvr outside of the clients), just in case this type of thing happens ...

That said, I really haven't heard of that many units going down.

A Replacement for defective equipment should NOT have a commitment with it.

You are correct, this is exactly why we all tell people to get/keep a HR24 (or other recvr outside of the clients), just in case this type of thing happens ...

That said, I really haven't heard of that many units going down.
But if he ordered a HR24 so he doesn't lose tv next time his Genie goes down,THAT would extend his contract because he'd be ordering New equipment. Keep in mind,I'm not saying order a HR24 to replace a Genie,but to supplement a Genie.

my 3 day delivery took 1 day, just an fyi

and this is why i advise against cleints

That why I 'm staying with my 1Hr24 and & 2h 24 and my HR 44. I thought about switching to C 41 wireless after Jimbo and Iceberg advice I'm staying with whay I have.

But if he ordered a HR24 so he doesn't lose tv next time his Genie goes down,THAT would extend his contract because he'd be ordering New equipment. Keep in mind,I'm not saying order a HR24 to replace a Genie,but to supplement a Genie.

Correct .... if he ordered a HR24 to add to the system, yes it would have a commitment.

My sister and her boyfriend had the H24 before I switched them to the wireless client, They don't watch much pay TV, only Netflix through PS4, But they do watch some shows and sports, Or else I would of cut the cord in their room, But I also have 1 HR24, H24 and HR44, plus a standard D12 receiver that's stored someplace, that's deactivated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

I've actually only seen a 34 do this one other time. It was about 2-4 hours after I after I activated it and all the lights just went out, screen went black and the blue light behind the logo lit up. It was the weirdest thing I've ever seem a box do. I've always wondered when I would see it happen again lol

I assume the recordings I had on the DVR will be lost, correct? Will I also have to rebuild my recordings list? The box is set to arrive today via FedEx, so that is some good news. What additional monthly fees are there for having another HD DVR instead of a client? It's already a big bill to pay since the discounts have expired.

recording are lost
recording list is lost

fee for hd dvr vs client is the same

recording are lost
recording list is lost

fee for hd dvr vs client is the same

Actually it's "the fee for an additional hd dvr is the same as for a additional client". An hd dvr carries an hd access fee and a dvr fee that a client already has, since a client only works with a Genie system.

The new (reconditioned) receiver arrived today. The FedEx man was nice enough to leave it on my front porch without even ringing the doorbell. It's now back to working. I am not looking forward to trying to remember everything I have it set to record. They need some sort of cloud app to do a backup to for DVR stuff.

The new (reconditioned) receiver arrived today. The FedEx man was nice enough to leave it on my front porch without even ringing the doorbell. It's now back to working. I am not looking forward to trying to remember everything I have it set to record. They need some sort of cloud app to do a backup to for DVR stuff.

Replacement a 34 or 44?

Actually it's "the fee for an additional hd dvr is the same as for a additional client". An hd dvr carries an hd access fee and a dvr fee that a client already has, since a client only works with a Genie system.

What ?

If he already has a Genie then those fees are already in place.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts