Android Screen Shots

Hall said:
Does look better... You have same problem as I do with the vibrate icon being (partially) black. Doesn't show well on a black background ! I often if the theme creators do NOT use vibrate with their phones.

The vibrate icon is easier to see in hand, but it could be better designed. Cyanogen actually allows setting the notification bar, its text & icons to whatever colors you want via the settings menu.

Wow, that is a LOT of widgets running. How much free memory do you have?

106MB according to the screenshot above, right now currently 146MB. Memory has not been an issue for me the least bit. No memory issues to speak of. Everything is always pretty snappy and smooth. Don’t used Task Killers at all, I did for about a week and discovered absolutely no benefit to using one, I go for days at a time before rebooting the phone. With all that going on battery life sucks, but that’s not an issue since 95% of the time I have it plugged in.

Settings>>>CyanogeMod Settings>>> User Interface and then Status bar, Date and provider, or Notifications settings. You can't change everything, but there are lots of options.

Yeah, I'm aware of those settings. They apply to text only though.

To change icons, etc, etc requires replacing files (images) in /system/framework/framework-res.apk. There's only (1) of those files though and it contains, for example, 'stat_vibrate_on.png' file. It's simply a shortcoming in the Android UI. You can change the colors of the status bar all you want but are sorta stuck with icon colors.

[ROM] Myn’s Warm TwoPointTwo - [RLS 5 - 01/07/2011] - More Than Meets The Eye! - xda-developers
went to a myn's warm 2.2 rls5 rom yesterday. liked some of the goodies.overclocked the cpu a little bit to 1.2 ghz. some of the widgets are slightly different from what i had before. now i have free wifi hotspot and tether.i like the skin for the market and the warmer colors for gmail.
here's the boot image which is ok. YouTube - warm3.mov

here are some screen shots. like the clock. flips like the old radio alarm clocks.i'm still not as comfortable doing these things as most of you. i'm paranoid that the worse is going to happen and brick the phone. :eek:

screenshot_7.pngscreenshot_8.pngscreenshot_11.pngscreenshot_10.pngscreenshot_12.pngscreenshot_9.pngscreenshot_5.png
screenshot_4.png

Last edited:
battery is battery guage widget, signal strength is signal strength widget
One or both of those seem to be battery killers. I recall many months ago when Cyanogen added a status bar option for signal strength and it was a battery killer too, so I'd lean more towards that here too... I found I wasn't using it much anyway (I generally get good signal so it's not a concern for me). I really liked the battery widget though.

One or both of those seem to be battery killers. I recall many months ago when Cyanogen added a status bar option for signal strength and it was a battery killer too, so I'd lean more towards that here too... I found I wasn't using it much anyway (I generally get good signal so it's not a concern for me). I really liked the battery widget though.

no issues for me, im at 90% atm. took off charge @ 6:15 am so thats 10% over 7.5 hours, i can live with that

Funny guy. And your photo proves one of my long standing arguments about why Android is better. There is no meaningful ability to customize the look and feel of the iphone. Just icons and nested icons. Boring. I might not use a LOT of widgets, but I wouldn't live without them.

+1 This should be what android phones advertise when comparing to the iphone... this alone would open a lot of peoples eyes who still think iphones are "better" than android. I couldnt help but laugh when i saw that screenshot after seeing all the android screen shots

My new ones.

cybok0 how does Lookout effect your battery? I had it on my Droid X and it killed my battery life. Once removed my battery went back to normal. I am now on T-Mo with a G2 running Cyanogen 6.1.1. My screen is very plain compared to everyones on here.

Rey_1178 I like your set up.

Big Dawg 23 said:
cybok0 how does Lookout effect your battery? I had it on my Droid X and it killed my battery life. Once removed my battery went back to normal. I am now on T-Mo with a G2 running Cyanogen 6.1.1. My screen is very plain compared to everyones on here.

To tell you the truth I have no idea. I am very new with this phone, I don't know how long the battery is suppose to last, my battery last about a day but if I listen to pandora or sirius even shorter.

My blackberry battery did last longer and I had lookout on it, that's why I have it now, it worked well with my berry.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to keep the battery to last longer well I'm ask ears.

thank you! lookout for me doesn't drain the battery. i have it scheduled to do a scan once a week.

Is lookout really useful as an antivirus tool? It basically only scans apps if I am reading correctly, and unless you are getting those from some shady sources, I dont see the need, but maybe I am missing something. I have never used it.
Looks like it might be useful for the locate feature, but not sure beyond that.

Antivirus for the Android OS ? No need yet.... Is Android immune ? NO ! For the same reason you don't hear about virii for Macs or Linux -- lack of numbers. The bad guys go for the biggest market.

That said, with Lookout, each of the (3) modules is optional. I always had the AV tool disabled, only used the backup tool as-needed (not running all the time), and only had the phone-locator tool running all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts