Angie Dickinson felt exploited in Police Woman, says women´s roles have evolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJdish

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 20, 2010
Mexico City
To commemorate the 40th anniversary of Angie Dickinson’s groundbreaking primetime series “Police Woman,” the former police show star was joined last week by today’s leaders in the crime drama heroine genre.

“It has evolved. I had to do shower scenes all the time,” Dickinson said last week during the WE TV and Paley Center for Media panel, which sought to explore the evolution of the female in the niche TV market. “I felt exploited.”

And though Dickinson’s groundbreaking character was known for firing pistols, kicking in doors and busting the bad guys, she said the show worked meticulously to make sure the much-loved Pepper Anderson still appealed to a cross-section of American audiences.

“If we went too hard and made her too tough, people weren’t going to like that. I wasn’t Marilyn Monroe, but I was middle of the road and it worked,” she explained.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...police-woman-but-says-womens-roles-in-crimes/

Very Interesting and thanks for sharing ad has evolved after all these years!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts