Another dissatisfied Customer

bkroth

Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Kansas
:mad: Sorry, VOOM supporters, I am glad that some of you have got good service & are happy with your installation and equipment. I have tried to be patient & accept the problems over the past year of my service.

But I have finally reached my limit. A year ago I bought two receivers, $1400.00+ and started my service with VOOM. The first problems were bad mappings for my area and could not get my local channels as promised. Then the updates to the receiver arrived so you can scan for the locals . Got close, but could only get a few of the locals, but not all day, mostly at night.

Then had one of the receivers continually lock up, had to unplug to reset. They tried to fix over the sat., didn’t work, said had to replace, got two new receivers one worked, the other started locking up about every hour.

Got the first upgraded antenna, no help, got the next upgraded antenna, well better, but the antenna I had installed myself still had a the stronger signal.

I quit paying for my service because I felt they did not hold up to there end of the contract. They disconnected my service and will not replace the faulty receiver until I pay for the back service.

So another VOOMER bites the dust. No wonder they are in trouble. There equipment is faulty and my installation was poor.

Good luck to the rest of you.

See Ya, Don't let the door hit ya in the a$$ on the way out!!!! Still a happy VoOmin here!!!!

Sorry things didn't work out for you. Luckily I'm one of the many who had a smooth installation and have not had subsequent problems.

Best wishes,
CDH.

It sounds like Voom has tried to make good on their end. You said that they upgraded your antenna twice and each time the result was better. You also mentioned that they replaced your receivers which did not fix the problems that you were having, did they offer to try another replacement?

Then you go on to state that you stopped paying the bill that they sent you. I find this kind of behavior to be immature. If you were not satisfied with the level of service that they were providing you with, you should have called their 800 number and canceled. I am guessing that if you would have tried to cancel the service while your account was still current, they would have made another attempt at improving your service.

I am sorry that your Voom experience was not great, but I have my doubts if your next provider will be any better. At least Voom was willing to work with you in order to improve your service, good luck finding that level of service with other providers.

amazing only 2 posts in a year with all of those problems? But no look! A new member. How surprising. Glad you could come an flame on your way out. That is if you ever were a Voom sub.

For those reading these posts deciding on Voom, I've had big problems out here in CA. But...
Voom from their website to the phone Customer service far surpasses my TimeWarner and even DirecTV experience.
The first install went bad but Voom was on the phone, followed up and I was able to use the web to get beyond the East West time problems.
As a practice to a fault Voom replaced boxes(4) and swapped antennas. (I'm on overkill #3) I began to feel like I was the reason for the monthly losses. But no BS. Yeah they blew I think two install appointments but I find in the "tradesmen world" that's an excellent record.
When the equipment was failing me it was the Voom Customer Service that kept me in the game. It's because they handled things so well when things were so bad that I knew Voom was the best choice.

CDH said:
Sorry things didn't work out for you. Luckily I'm one of the many who had a smooth installation and have not had subsequent problems.

Best wishes,
CDH.

Stay on topic.
This thread was opened to talk about the sorry install/faulty equipment of VOOM.
If you want to talk about a good VOOM installation/great equipment please open up a new thread.

voomster2 said:
Stay on topic.
This thread was opened to talk about the sorry install/faulty equipment of VOOM.
If you want to talk about a good VOOM installation/great equipment please open up a new thread.

you cant be serious.

voomster2 said:
Stay on topic.

Sigh.

CDH.

voomster2 said:
Stay on topic.
Did somebody change the thread title to "I wanna be a Moderator"?

vurbano said:
amazing only 2 posts in a year with all of those problems? But no look! A new member. How surprising. Glad you could come an flame on your way out. That is if you ever were a Voom sub.
Another incarnation of DobyMax?

bkroth said:
:mad: Sorry, VOOM supporters, I am glad that some of you have got good service & are happy with your installation and equipment. I have tried to be patient & accept the problems over the past year of my service.

But I have finally reached my limit. A year ago I bought two receivers, $1400.00+ and started my service with VOOM. The first problems were bad mappings for my area and could not get my local channels as promised. Then the updates to the receiver arrived so you can scan for the locals . Got close, but could only get a few of the locals, but not all day, mostly at night.

Then had one of the receivers continually lock up, had to unplug to reset. They tried to fix over the sat., didn’t work, said had to replace, got two new receivers one worked, the other started locking up about every hour.

Got the first upgraded antenna, no help, got the next upgraded antenna, well better, but the antenna I had installed myself still had a the stronger signal.

I quit paying for my service because I felt they did not hold up to there end of the contract. They disconnected my service and will not replace the faulty receiver until I pay for the back service.

So another VOOMER bites the dust. No wonder they are in trouble. There equipment is faulty and my installation was poor.

Good luck to the rest of you.

A small point, but some locals only broadcast at night. PBS stations in particular.

Some people will not be able to receive much OTA for geographic reasons, not through any fault of Voom. To think there is any guarantee is simply foolish. If you live 100 miles from the transmission tower over 3 sets of hills, it's pretty much set that you won't be getting those stations. An extreme example, but hopefully makes the point.

Yes, txcruiser... The problem is that you do not run the site. We do... If you do not like our moderation, the door is open.

Clarification of OTA Channels

When I can receive the local channels through my TV's HDTV receiver through my own antenna & VOOM could not provide the same channels through their system, I see this as their problem. The installer would not use my existing antenna & said that cabling has to go through the dish & diplexer a policy of VOOM. I also did not feel it was up to me to change their installation to get things to work. Also when they won't replace a receiver that locks up that I purchased shows that they have no warranty on their receivers.

Sorry that I did not know about this forum until just recently.