Antenna Direct 91XG or Anternna Direct Clear Stream 4 in the Poconos area ???

Johnnyfeedback

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2008
I have had the Antenna Direct 91XG for a few years and was able to pickup a few Local stations from the Poconos 18322 area.(wilksberrie stations}I took down the Antenna Direct 91XG and felt it was not worth it trying too put up since I was afraid
of falling off of the roof lol.Well now I have a few Poles I can attach the antenna too and did it today with out getting a signal but 1 analog station that was a very bad that I could not see what the program was.
On the Antenna Direct 91XG a few of the reflectors were missing (6 of them I think}

Now just wondering I do know I can pick up a few stations and wondering if its worth buying a few replacement reflectors or is it BEST to buy the Newer Antenna Direct ClearStream™ 4 Ultra Long Range Outdoor DTV Antenna .
that's on sale for $79.99

Is one antenna really better then the other?
I know most a few years back said that the Antenna Direct 91XG was a no brainer to buy
But seeing that there is a Antenna Direct ClearStream™ 4 Ultra makes me scratch my head.thanks all..........

Also looking into this antenna

75 Mile Range HDTV 8-Bay Antenna | UHF / VHF / HD - Channel Master (CM-4228HD)

running a tvfool for your zip code
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=5b9450f69d46d8

shows the 1st 3 stations to be on VHF (9, 11,13). At the digital transition some stations moved from VHF to UHF and vise versa. In this case the 3 stations were on UHF before the transition but moved to VHF after that.
9 is a religous station in Bethlehem
11 is NBC & 13 is CBS from Scranton

So you would need a combination antenna (VHF & UHF) and the other stations on UHF (FOX, PBS, ABC) may be too weak to pick up unless you have a bigger antenna. If you could post your tvfool report (and not just a generic zip code one) that would help too.

From www.tvfool.com you have no LOS stations looks like everything is 2edge. Also looks like the stations North West (319-336) of you are closer so you have a slightly better chance of some signal. Problem is they are both VHF and UHF so something like a Winegard HD8200 would be needed not the all UHF that you are looking at.

Thinking of going with this since it has VHF also.Thanks

75 Mile Range HDTV 8-Bay Antenna | UHF / VHF / HD - Channel Master (CM-4228HD)

Johnnyfeedback you are hung up on UHF antennas. The HBU55 and Winegard HD8200U are true UHF/VHF antennas the CM4228 is a UHF antenna that might receive high VHF out to 45 miles under optimum conditions. You are looking for maximum reception capabilities.

I saw Johnny posted the same thing at avs....so I have a question for the OP

What are you trying to accomplish? Are you going to use the OTA as your only source of TV? Or as a backup if satellite goes out?
(I assume its not for subchannels as the only one really is AntennaTV which is on WNEP...and really low on the tvfool list...the VHF stations have no subchannels)

I’m with Tank on this one. Just get an AntennaCraft Y-10-7-13 and combine it with your 91XG using a UVSJ or dual input pre-amp, AntennaCraft 10G222 or RCA TVPRAMP1R.

The 91XG has a lifetime warranty so Antennas Direct should send you replacement directors at no cost.

I’m with Tank on this one. Just get an AntennaCraft Y-10-7-13 and combine it with your 91XG using a UVSJ or dual input pre-amp, AntennaCraft 10G222 or RCA TVPRAMP1R.

The 91XG has a lifetime warranty so Antennas Direct should send you replacement directors at no cost.

Thanks for the great advise
I didnot know Antenna Direct would send free replacement reflectors..Think I will give them a call....Thanks.JT

77.56 Mbps from a 6 Mhz Channel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)