Any brave ones?

AlexTheOne

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
Did anybody with now old :) dishHD Absoulte package was brave enough to call today and try to change anything on their account?

Per info posted in this forum, it said that ANY change to the account holding dishHD Absolute package after 8/1 would knock you off it.... last night I called and chatted with 4 diff. CSR and was told that you still can change things around Absolute package (i.e. add/remove premiums, locals, superstations, DHPP) without affecting the status of Absoulte package itself....so if you do not touch it as your base package you should be OK to change things around...while to me that sounds as logical setup, I of course do not trust to leave it to CSR provided info alone, hence asking any of you guys if anybody tried it today?

Thanks.

You can change anything you want in base packaging. However if you have HD only packages prior to today and make changes you will be put into the turbo packages.

I was told I could upgrade to AT250 and get the 9 HD channels I don't get with AT200 for $10.00 extra a month with no upgrade fee. Will this screw me in the future or something?? What am I missing here?

No as you already have AT package and just moving to next in line...you will be OK. Only us with dishHD Absolute package (HD only channels package for $29.99 E* removed as of yesterday) fear to lose it if we change our programming....you on other hand should be OK.

I signed up the HD Absolute package just before Aug 1st. Today I logged in to my account and saw the three month free HBO/Starz offer. I clicked on that offer and now my program shows HD Absolute plus HBO/Starz. So appareently it is OK to change the premium package without affecting HD Absolute package.

I signed up the HD Absolute package just before Aug 1st. Today I logged in to my account and saw the three month free HBO/Starz offer. I clicked on that offer and now my program shows HD Absolute plus HBO/Starz. So appareently it is OK to change the premium package without affecting HD Absolute package.

That's good info, I'm gonna have to go check that out.

I just get
We cannot process your request to change your programming package. Please call 1-888-884-2741 to make these programming changes to your account.

I got that same info under My Programming. However, the HBO/Starz offer is under My Offers and I can click it through. My point is that you may still call Dish and change your premium package.

Sounds like a glitch in the system since you say you just signed for Absolute. I'd watch your bill. You might have gotten away with a last minute change or you might get a surprise.

Let us know what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)