Any FTA PVR that does multiple pid recording?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oncewaslost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Do any of the fta receivers allow recording of more than one pid at the same time?
For example, The Equity mix on G10 11720 V has multiple channels on this transponder at different pid's. Can any current pvr receivers record two or more at once (without the assistance of dual tuners) ?

I can do this with a DBV card but prefer the wife and kids not play with dads toys:D

I can do this with a DBV card but prefer the wife and kids not play with dads toys:D

I think I've seen some folks on the VideoReDo (it's a video editor) forum discussing ways to auto process .TS streams using a script.
(I don't usually pay attention to such requests, because I don't have the same problems)

I know they've talked about auto-removal of commercials, or at least auto-marking them .
There may be some discussion about auto-splitting the various video channels from a recorded transport stream.

You know...?
The more I think about it , automating that task shouldn't be too hard.
I think you could cut the .ts at the hour.
Then run a script to strip out each known PID (you would already know what they all are, so it should be simple to code).
Then, deliver them (commercials and all) to ... where...? maybe across your LAN to your living room Media PC ?

The way it'd work, is that about 5..10 minutes after each hour, all the (selected) shows/channels from the previous hour would show up on the MPC.
And if you went away for the weekend, you would find all the Saturday and Sunday shows collected for you.
Just watch and delete.
It'd be like having a PVR recording each selected channel, 24 hours a day. :rolleyes:

Probably best to pursue over on the VideoReDo forum.
Then, when you get your answers, post them here in our DVB department.

Last edited:
You know...?
The more I think about it , automating that task shouldn't be too hard.
I think you could cut the .ts at the hour.
Then run a script to strip out each known PID (you would already know what they all are, so it should be simple to code).
Then, deliver them (commercials and all) to ... where...? maybe across your LAN to your living room Media PC ?

I already use Dvbdream to schedule recordings of multiple programs from different pid's simultaneously. I have done as many as five at one time. It automatically stores them in their own individual file. I have played with recording the entire ts, then choosing which "sub channel" from the ts to play. I prefer the individual files.

I just thought it would be cool if there was a pvr unit capable of doing this.

dreambox 500/600/7000/7020 lets you record one show and watch a second on the same transponder. but you cant record both. you could stream that second show to your computer and have vlc record it.

yep... dvb dream can do it, but make darn sure you have a powerful computer before you try recording more than one thing at a time.

I have to try it out, but I believe my DGstation 400 s can record 2 at a time, it has 2 tuners must be on same polarity and same satellite , I've never really had an occasion where I needed to use that feature.

The way it'd work, is that about 5..10 minutes after each hour, all the (selected) shows/channels from the previous hour would show up on the MPC.
And if you went away for the weekend, you would find all the Saturday and Sunday shows collected for you.
Just watch and delete.
It'd be like having a PVR recording each selected channel, 24 hours a day. :rolleyes:

Man you got me thinking now!

I found a product called MediaMVP that looks promising. Since I already schedule recordings with dvbdream, This would allow them to be played anywhere else in the house.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts