Any new HD content coming?

Ultra5240

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2006
Franklin, IN
I am a new customer of Insight. I moved to the city and now have access to broadband and took insight in my area since they offer the discounts. The only real difference I notice vs. Dish Network is that Insight has HD locals and Insight doesn't have as many HD channels. Anyone have any news on if Insight is planning to get any more HD channels in the near future? Namely NGHD? I love that channel and it just doesn't do the programs justice in standard def. Thanks!

I am a new customer of Insight. I moved to the city and now have access to broadband and took insight in my area since they offer the discounts. The only real difference I notice vs. Dish Network is that Insight has HD locals and Insight doesn't have as many HD channels. Anyone have any news on if Insight is planning to get any more HD channels in the near future? Namely NGHD? I love that channel and it just doesn't do the programs justice in standard def. Thanks!

In a word, NO. The last time I called Insight and asked about HD they denied that they would ever offer any more channels, most likely their standard answer, but in their case, you can believe that that isn't far from the truth.

We changed from Dish about a year ago and the HD programming on Insight has been slim and thankfully, we get all the network channels OTA, so when we go to DirectTV or Dish, will still get the locals plus more offerings of more DECENT true digital offerings, in addition to more HD channels.

After the split of Insight into Comcast and Insight, don't look for anything to improve, as Insight will be cash strapped and offerings will be as slim as they are now.

On the brighter side, their broadband is OK until ATT (old BellSouth) cuts the cost of DSL and the Insight phone works, for the most part and is cheaper than ATT. Just got a letter that my 1 year discount is about to expire, so looks like I may as well use that as a prod to go back to satellite and check ATT for phone and dsl again.

I have e-mailed Insight several times in regrads to more hd channels. I have never received a reply. I think that speaks for itself.

I have e-mailed Insight several times in regrads to more hd channels. I have never received a reply. I think that speaks for itself.

Unfortunately, it does. And calling is not any better. Insight sucks and the only thing any worse than their customer service is their extremely bottom of the barrel hardware. :(

The HD is so sad now that we have decided to go back to D* and ATT for internet and phone, as its not worth the pain to have to deal with Insight.

Good Luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)