Any troubles with AMC 4 right now?

bonscott87

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
I'm tuning in my installation and I keep having 3ABN go out on me. It's great at a solid 90/90 and then it goes out for a while. Just wondering if there is a problem on the sat or if I need to look at something else with my setup.

Thanks!

Ok, seems to be the receiver (Mercury II). When trying various channels for signal strength it seems AMC4 channels eventually go out. Power cycle the receiver and they all come back.

As I posted in my other thread, the problem appears to be with the receiver. If you change the channel to something on GA25 then back to a channel on AMC4, at least half the time all channels on AMC4 are out until you power cycle the receiver. Then they are back.

Anybody ever seen that before?

I noticed in another thread that you have scanned other channels on the two satellites. Is there a possibility that the DiSEqC switch setting was changed in the menu from the preset DiSEqC 1.0 #1 for AMC4 and #2 for Galaxy 25?

Are you using the RG6 coax that came with the system or an existing coax? Was the master power switch always turned off when connecting the DiSEqC switch?

Try resetting the Factory Reset completely OK/ OK/ Yes/ OK then re-enter the Glorystar 2020 channel activation code. This sounds like a DiSEqC switching error, not a receiver error.

I noticed in another thread that you have scanned other channels on the two satellites. Is there a possibility that the DiSEqC switch setting was changed in the menu from the preset DiSEqC 1.0 #1 for AMC4 and #2 for Galaxy 25?

Are you using the RG6 coax that came with the system or an existing coax? Was the master power switch always turned off when connecting the DiSEqC switch?

Try resetting the Factory Reset completely OK/ OK/ Yes/ OK then re-enter the Glorystar 2020 channel activation code. This sounds like a DiSEqC switching error, not a receiver error.

I was wondering about a DiSEqC thing and was just looking at the menu's this morning. Both are set for DiSEqC 1.0 and I checked the switch which is hooked up properly. I was just about to post to see if it needed to be 1.1 or something else.

As for scanning, I had this problem when doing the initial install a couple days ago. The scanning I did was just yesterday I scanned on one transponder to add GMTV as it wouldn't add by hand (said "error" when I tried) so I did the scan and it was able to be added that way.

As for cables: I have the big cable included running from the dish, buried in the ground and into the house to my grounding block. Then a quad shielded RG-6 from the block to the receiver.

What I'll do today if I get time is do a full reset. I'll unplug from power and unplug the cable.
Then I'll plug the cable back in and then power up the receiver.
Then do a full factory reset and enter the Glorystar code back in.
Then we'll see where things are at.

Thanks for the input and help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)