Anybody going to downgrade services?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
roger, stop it. please.

the dems wont let us blast holes in the wasteland in alaska.

a prestine wilderness, yeah right!

Okay...trying to get us back on the topic of the thread...

My three months free of HD Package run out April 11th, so my plan is as such...

1) March 1st: drop down from TC+ to TC (I don't watch those channels anyway..)

2) April 11th: drop either HBO or HD Package (most likely HBO..I have a coworker that can record Sopranos on DVD each Sunday, and a subscription to Netflix).

3) When HD locals are available from Minneapolis, subscribe - I live in the country, so it's either D* or E* for TV...too far for an antenna.

4) Date TBD: when the MPEG4 HR20 gets released, get one..then deactivate H20 & SD DirecTiVo (I know, it's TiVo...but I really want a HD DVR...and NOT a HR10;)).

I might, but not because of the price increase. But D* doesn't have to know that. I currently have TC Premier + the HD package. I also have E*'s HD package for TNT-HD. If E* comes through with some of the rumored channels like MAX-HD and StarZ-HD I may move all my premiums over to E* and keep the lowest D* package plus ST. Will have to wait and see what E* does.

I guess, you can say I sort of upgraded. I called DTV today and asked if they had any programing specials going on. Knowing that they usually dont do things like that, but the rep said what preimum were you intrested in. Starz was the first thing to come to mind (I was unprepared for a yes type of answer) So I got 10.00 off for the next six months. Not a real big deal, but I will take it!!!

I downgraded (to cable) but now at least I have the HD that matters to me.I'll be back in a year after my offer expires...unless TiVo on cable kicks too much butt. I am not in to the SkyTV DVR at all.

I think I'm going to upgrade! I was thinking about going back to cox. But, with the new HD channels i going to purchase a HD TV and then upgrade. Cox is good, but not as many channels and they will only let you have one DVR. I have 4 as of now through D.

The US deficit figure is nothing more than paper that really means nothing in the larger scheme of the true economy, but it does make up a small portion. It is blown up to be more than it really is.

That nothing more than paper is what we all work for and what is the real value of it? It's backed by no precious metals and floats against other currencies leaving us vulnerable for a crash under a domino affect if a major currency in the world fails. So this paper's only value is the faith and confidence in this government by others which is not looked upon as kindly as it once was because of foreign policy.
And if China leaves the dollar then many may lose confidence because they've been financing the US debt and the Euro may become the standard reserve of the world. I believe the Euro may have 10% of it backed by precious metals I believe.

What do you consider to be the "true economy?" Buying cheap Chinese products with debt is not true wealth IMO. Henry Ford had the right idea and business model when he thought what good and how profitable would it be if his employees couldn't afford his product. Today the people (masses) can't afford to buy American made microwave oven, computer, TVs, and what have because we've been priced out of the market. So IMO, it's only a matter of time until we become a 3rd world economy. The same with computer programmers, medicine, and other hi-tech jobs that can be done cheaper by people in India and what have you. I even heard that some hospitals are sending x-rays and what you you to be read by Indians in India so no job is really safe.

With that said what is the true economy and true wealth? True wealth to me would be to make a product and selling to people for a profit under Mr. Ford's model which is not the American way anymore. You acquire true wealth by selling not consuming.

charper1 said:
Oh oh, a conspiracy theorist copping to paranoia; I see this a discussion best left alone now. Enjoy.

The info is out there and it's not a theory if one has been studying their documents for 11 years or so and things that were written 50 years ago coming true today left and right. They don't hide it because they assume most people are too dumb to research it and then too dumb to believe it if they ever hear it from the likes of me. Look at the Iraq war where the neo-cons planned it in their writings before Bush was even elected. Look up and research Project for the New American Century before resorting to childish name calling.

dragon002 said:
so....FT. KNOX is....ah....EMPTY???
get real

I have no idea. Tell me when the last time it was audited and the results? You get real.

Last edited:
i was irritated before these posts now i am irate.

you know what, WE FEED A LOT OF THE WORLD! well now f*** them. turn the corn and soy into ethanol , and tell the rest of the world to STARVE!!! plunge the drills all over alaska and the california coast. and screw the caribu

and yes americans ARE worth more than any other human beings!:eek:

I'm gonna wait and see exactly what I'm charged first. I've got ST and SF, but I work weekends now and FIOS and more HD is coming and I'm thinking of switching. I won't miss them cause I can only Tivo so many games. All due respect Dragon002, but ever been to Alaska? How are we gonna refine all that oil with no new refineries in how many years?? And I'm a Rep. Just a thought.--Ray

With this price increase I'll be saving money. I'm going to drop Starz. I've never watch it much anyways. So D* increases my rate $3. And I save $9 by canceling Starz. Thanks D*.

I know it's only $3.00 more ($4 - $1 HD Pak), but all these price increases are adding up. Gasoline, natural gas, postage stamps, electricity, taxes, etc all have gone up. Something has got to give. This is a good place to start cutting back.

markd said:
With this price increase I'll be saving money. I'm going to drop Starz. I've never watch it much anyways. So D* increases my rate $3. And I save $9 by canceling Starz. Thanks D*.
I know it's only $3.00 more ($4 - $1 HD Pak), but all these price increases are adding up. Gasoline, natural gas, postage stamps, electricity, taxes, etc all have gone up. Something has got to give. This is a good place to start cutting back.
Amen. I had the opportunity to downgrade from Total Choice Plus via the DirecTV website on Friday, but held off. This afternoon I went back, only to discover that the option to downgrade via the website had been taken away.
This actually made me more determined to get it done immediately...had the website downgrade option remained, I probably would have stayed with Total Choice Plus through the end of February...but thanks to this unwelcome ploy, I phoned DirecTV and talked with a very nice rep who downgraded me to Total Choice, with nary an unwelcome sales pitch to spoil things...God help the poor girl if she was monitored. : ) Not a big price drop, but something's got to give as I'm also weary of watching my paycheck being eaten alive. With gasoline/heating prices at record levels, providers such as DirecTV couldn't have picked a worse time psychologically to do this.

Last edited:
dragon002 said:
why are you downgrading?? to punish directv??
talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face!
try comcrap in pittsburgh, 7% 11.04 , 6% 7.05, 8% 1.06 get the point?
if three dollars is gonna kill you , well...i feel bad for ya!
If enough subscribers would downgrade, that would indeed send a message/"punish" DirecTV. In early 2004 I was paying $37.99 a month for Total Choice Plus without locals. Shortly afterwards it became $39.99...then $42.99...as of March, that same package would be costing me $45.99 a month, had I not downgraded to Total Choice earlier today. That's a bit too much in the way of price hikes for my budget in just two short years...especially for a service that is an optional luxury.
If I watched TV the way I did when I was younger, the increase probably wouldn't mean as much. But I don't, and am having a harder and harder time justifying this type of cash outlay, especially with rising healthcare, gasoline, insurance, and heating prices.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fox Sports Executive Places Big DirecTV Bet on Music

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts