Anybody want to help me test something out? Concerning use of Dish receivers on VoIP

nsafreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 7, 2004
Denver,Co
I found an interesting piece of information while surfing around through the Vonage forum boards. I'm not sure if this is known around here or not but some people have had success (at least with Vonage) by putting in #99 in for a prefix for the receiver to use when dialing out. Previously to me entering this prefix my receiver failed to dial out although it could display caller ID information. Now after entering this prefix it successfully dials out. I'm just wondering if anybody else uses Vonage (or another VoIP service) and is willing to test this out on their Dish unit. Would just like to have this for reference so that I know which units this will work with if I get another unit in the future and it might be helpful to other folks to eliminate that no phone line fee for their 322/522/625/942 unit.

I have Sunrocket hooked to both my 510 and 322 receivers and they both dial out fine without any issues. I can order pay-per-views and access my account info.

Edit: forgot to say that there is no prefix being use also.

I have all my recievers hooked up to my vonage. I have an 811, 625, and a 510 and i dont have to dial that prefix and it works well for the Customer service stuff and the ppv ordering.

Apparently it depends upon the type of ATA that you have. Might be needed for the folks using a Linksys RT31P2 like I am.

This is dependent on the type of ATA you have from Vonage.

Also the *99 code was added to Sipura's in the 3.x firmware to basically force a "modem mode" of setting up the jitter buffers to a fixed level, etc. The *99 code works well with the Sipura 1001 with FreeWorldDialup for my receivers dialing out, my solution for not paying for a phone line but the receivers can dialup all they want.

AT&T CallVantage works for me (on all boxes) whenever the option for fax support is enabled through their website.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts