anyone has an acount with google beta musicbox?

thanks may rockymtnhigh can give us some insight how it works.... unless he posted it already somewhere and I can't find it.

Some screenshots.

Attachments

• mb4.JPG
    mb4.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 174
  • mb2.JPG
    mb2.JPG
    27.6 KB · Views: 180
  • mb1.JPG
    mb1.JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 173
  • mb3.JPG
    mb3.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 168
It works great. All of my music is uploaded to it, have full access by artist, album, even itunes playlist. It streams well. I use it sometimes on my laptop when I don't want to drag out my iPod, since I don't keep my full library on my laptop. It does what it says it will do, and I'd say, does it well. Its not really a game changer for me, but a decent backup of my stuff.

Yes, I believe so. It uploads anything in the itunes library (or wherever you tell it your music is). I have ripped mp3's of the unaabridged Fellowship of the Rings in my library, and they showed up. I'll test it out tomorrow with my kid's demo and see if it will upload.

You can upload anything you want... doesn't have to be commercial music. I have an account, and I accidentally uploaded some mp3 voicemail files I had downloaded from my Google Voice account.

Just got my approval. The one thing that is upsetting me is that I set it for my music but it still uploads my daughters and wives music. If I liked Justin Bieber and Toby Keith I wouldn't mind but I don't.

cybok0 said:
Just got my approval. The one thing that is upsetting me is that I set it for my music but it still uploads my daughters and wives music. If I liked Justin Bieber and Toby Keith I wouldn't mind but I don't.

Didn't have that problem, just did not like how long it took to upload

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SatelliteGuys

I am guessing everything is in one library, so google didn't have much choice but to take it all.

The same issue now occurs with iOS5 in terms of when I buy some music for my kid's ipod, it now shows up on my iPad automatically, even though I don't care about his music.

Once you had all of your music uploaded, it would not be a big deal, as you would be able to browse, and just like browsing in iTunes, I just skip over the stuff I don't like; or you could easily use the genre selector in google music and narrow down to what you were looking for.

rockymtnhigh said:
I am guessing everything is in one library, so google didn't have much choice but to take it all.

The same issue now occurs with iOS5 in terms of when I buy some music for my kid's ipod, it now shows up on my iPad automatically, even though I don't care about his music.

Once you had all of your music uploaded, it would not be a big deal, as you would be able to browse, and just like browsing in iTunes, I just skip over the stuff I don't like; or you could easily use the genre selector in google music and narrow down to what you were looking for.

At first I did (damn wmp:() then I moved all my music to my external TB drive and told Google to Getty it from there but it still took the music from the my music folder on my regular HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)