Anyone have a recommendation for a dual output PLL LNB?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Test12345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
I've heard PLL LNBs are better than the other kind. I'm wondering if you guys know of any that are dual output. I only need a standard one, but I don't think any dual PLL LNBs are out that are standard, only universal. Would that be ok for viewing G19 on 97W? Thanks a lot!

SatAV has an excellent LNBF that is PLL and dual. It is called the SL2PLL, I have done a lot of testing with a few and they are really awesome.

Oh wow, no way! Thanks for letting me know--last time I checked only the single output version was out. I really wanted it but needed dual output. I think this will be perfect. Wonder how this and the Avenger compare (I read a review between the single output versions and it was said that the Avenger seemed cheaply made).

Oh I can assure you this a quality made unit, and run circles around the avenger. Very well made and very well done unit, and all my tests show very good results.

Last question: am I right in choosing a PLL LNB over a DRO LNB? Also, how will I know if I need a new bracket or anything else to mount it with? Right now I have an EXTREMELY old LNB. Thanks for all the help guys, I'm about to order!

Sorry for all the elementary questions--I have just found some time to get into this stuff and I'm not very knowledgeable about it!

It will mount right in where your old one is unless it is some oddball thing. Tell me more about your set-up. What dish do you currently have? etc. You should be ok though.

PLL is usually better than dro. Not sure about the bracket. What lnb is on it now? Maybe you could post a pic if you don't know.

I want to say it looks like this: EE_1155539.jpg

but it's single output. I guess in retrospect that looks pretty similar to the SL2PLL. My dish is a plain old dish and I think its a little under 90cm...I believe it's nearer to 80cm, in fact. It's just been such a long time since I've done all this, sorry guys...and thanks again! :eek:

The lnb in the pic looks to have a 40mm neck to me, so the lnb in primestar31's link ought to work out good for you.

Well, it better work or i'll just have to get a new bracket or something...I bought it! Thanks fellas! Many more questions to come when I get it if i dont fall off our roof!

Rule #1 for when you are on a roof: NEVER look up and lock your eyes on a moving cloud! You are very likely to fall because it screws with your balance.

That's also ALL the rest of the main rules.

Oh I can assure you this a quality made unit, and run circles around the avenger. Very well made and very well done unit, and all my tests show very good results.

Strong Words.

One thing we all lack when talking about lnbf's is real testing results in a controlled lab. Hopefully some day we can get there.

One thing we all lack when talking about lnbf's is real testing results in a controlled lab.

We do have lab testing and reputable distributors with integrity do list the REAL specifications on their products. Unfortunately, some distributors instead simply fill in the specification fields with marketing BS that is meant to sell the most product.

It is quite simple to perform controlled testing with less than a $3K investment. Unfortunately, the results of these tests are typically discounted because they are not produced by an independent and neutral third party. So we are left to judge the performance on questionable testing scenarios. It would be great to have product comparisons provided by a qualified and independent process. Only then will we really know who prints BS specifications and why some products with real specs simply outperform others with great looking specs.

The running joke with the LNBF factories has been...
Importer: "What is the NR on this LNBF?"
Factory: "What do you want us to print on the label?" :eek:

Unfortunately, this is the truth!

We do have lab testing and reputable distributors with integrity do list the REAL specifications on their products. Unfortunately, some distributors instead simply fill in the specification fields with marketing BS that is meant to sell the most product.

It is quite simple to perform controlled testing with less than a $3K investment. Unfortunately, the results of these tests are typically discounted because they are not produced by an independent and neutral third party. So we are left to judge the performance on questionable testing scenarios. It would be great to have product comparisons provided by a qualified and independent process. Only then will we really know who prints BS specifications and why some products with real specs simply outperform others with great looking specs.

The running joke with the LNBF factories has been...
Importer: "What is the NR on this LNBF?"
Factory: "What do you want us to print on the label?" :eek:

Unfortunately, this is the truth!

We should start the ISTC... (Independent Satellite Testing Company)

Been thinking about my comments above I hope people don't read that wrong :) I'm just so good with grammar lol

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts