Anyone Notice RED LINES on some channels Now?

ne1cool

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Anyone notice some red lines streaking from up to down on some channels lately?

I already troubleshooted my tv, and it's not the tv, it works fine for dvd's, regular cable.

Thanks.

Anyone notice some red lines streaking from up to down on some channels lately? SD & HD channels!

I already troubleshooted my tv, and it's not the tv, it works fine for dvd's, regular cable.

Thanks.

I was beginning to think I was seeing things. I haven’t noticed it on any HD channels, but from time to time I’ll see a vertical line in the middle of the screen, not red specifically but whatever the overwhelming primary color is on screen at the moment it happens. Kind of weird.

i noticed it starting on the weekend. it seems to be on just about all of them. it comes and goes. seems to stay about 2 inches to either side of the middle for me. worse on channels with crappy pq.

I have notice all sorts of PQ problems but not red lines. Occasional white line flashes but no more than that. Only saw that once.

It happens on almost any channel with me. Both SD & HD

They come and go, are about 2-3 inches up and down, and only happen in the middle of the screen, but always red!

Yeah, me too. Always in the middle of the screen. But always red!

They've been there since Voom started, nothing new unless it is on some HD channels.

"They've been there since Voom started" Not on my screen, this is recent for me.

ne1cool said:
Yeah, me too. Always in the middle of the screen. But always red!
Colored vertical line in the center of the screen on SD channels only. Right?
Reboot your STB and it will go away!

what type of tv you got? i got a rca 61" dlp widescreen. maybe similar tv's are having the problem?

Yeah, they are brand new for me also! I will try rebooting! Thanks for the post!

Duplicate threads merged.

ne1cool said:
Anyone notice some red lines streaking from up to down on some channels lately?

Thanks.
It's also on my cable provider....... Adelphia....Not a Voom problem.

I noticed the "red line" for the first time this weekend. My wife was watching Bravo and she complained about this "line". Depending what solid colors were on the screen it was mostly red but sometimes green.

I changed channels and noted that it didn't appear on any other channel at that time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)