Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

Delivery for me has gone from one day to two. The return address on the envelope has always been Dallas, TX.

I've noticed more than a few titles in their current listings that come up as "unavailable" in any format.

I also noticed that you may be able to request an individual disc out of a series.

I have mailed my disk to BB a week ago (last Wednesday). They have received it on Thursday morning. It's now Wednesday a week later and I am still waiting for the next disk to arrive. According to BB's email, I should expect it to get it by Thursday, April 5.

I never had such slow turnaround with Netflix! What's up with BB?

I've gone from 3 days to 2 to 1 to NONE. Dunno what's happened but after waiting for a new disc to be shipped for close to 2 weeks I'm done! This is with as many as 6 discs out of 28 showing as "available". Gonna go crawling back to Netflix......

Ed

Mail just delivered the last disk I will get with this service. I ordered Piranha 3D months ago and it was finally sent. Was looking forward to seeing how this was in 3D as I had seen it in 2D. My store got one copy in in 3D but it was checked out and never returned. Well, as my luck would have it, BB@Home sent me a DVD of Piranha even though I had selected it as 3D ages ago. Just going to return it today and wait for the confirmation of receipt and then I'm planning to cancel.

Mail just delivered the last disk I will get with this service. I ordered Piranha 3D months ago and it was finally sent. Was looking forward to seeing how this was in 3D as I had seen it in 2D. My store got one copy in in 3D but it was checked out and never returned. Well, as my luck would have it, BB@Home sent me a DVD of Piranha even though I had selected it as 3D ages ago. Just going to return it today and wait for the confirmation of receipt and then I'm planning to cancel.
i have been waiting on walking tall (1973) since last june!

Too bad Piranha 3D is SOOO bad. I wasn't expecting much and received less, LOL. Gotta copy to sell you, make me an offer.;)

I finally gave up on BB. Just cancelled and went back to Netflix. Wasn't worth the aggravation!

Ed

One thing that could contribute to the longer wait times is that it appears the stores accumulate movies and ship them back in a big envelope or box. I can turn in a movie and not get a confirmation email that the in-store exchange is received back at the distribution center for a week or more after the in-store return. Granted, I do get an email normally before I get back to my car about the in-store exchange itself.

But if the stores are holding onto the discs for that long before returning them to the distribution center then that is a big problem that could easily be fixed by having them do a mailing each day.

Does anyone know if the Pittsburgh center is still open. When this started it was 4 days to return a disc from Charleston WV
. Its been over 1 week in the mail and they still don't have it.

Dropped off a video game on Saturday, got my next movie today. Not to bad, helps right now and hopefully doesn't change we have a blockbuster close to us

One thing that could contribute to the longer wait times is that it appears the stores accumulate movies and ship them back in a big envelope or box. I can turn in a movie and not get a confirmation email that the in-store exchange is received back at the distribution center for a week or more after the in-store return. Granted, I do get an email normally before I get back to my car about the in-store exchange itself.

But if the stores are holding onto the discs for that long before returning them to the distribution center then that is a big problem that could easily be fixed by having them do a mailing each day.

I have gotten pretty friendly with the manager at my local blockbuster. I showed him how I had to staple my envelope shut because the bottom was completely ripped off. He told me it was no big deal and showed me a big box full of returned in store exchanges.

He said they just wait until they have a bunch of them and have it shipped back in a box. They don't mail them back individually as they come in. So it very well could be possible that the rental envelopes you return to your local store are sitting there a few days before they ship it back. It seems like they would be trying to get them back to the distribution center as quickly as possible so they can be mailed to someone else but that's not how they do it.

Finally decided BB wasn't worth the aggravation and went back to NF. Damned shame they couldn't get their act together.:(

Ed

My last two or three have been lightning fast. Three business day turnaround.

I mailed one back Monday, received notice I should get the next one on or about Friday, and it came today. Same as last time, a day earlier than projected. Good thing, too, since we are going out of town tomorrow and want to watch it out of town.

Funny I re-added Blockbuster@home Tuesday night and got my first blu-ray Today :Thursday in my mail box. Quickest turn around I've ever seen them do. Used to take at least 3 - 5 days, so someone got the message at DISH?

Funny I re-added Blockbuster@home Tuesday night and got my first blu-ray Today :Thursday in my mail box. Quickest turn around I've ever seen them do. Used to take at least 3 - 5 days, so someone got the message at DISH?

lets hope but i doubt it and we shall see and hope :D :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)