Anyone Use Terk Indoor Antennas?

babyj

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 22, 2004
Houston, TX
I was wondering if anyone use either of these antennas.

col1_02.gif

or

h209TV55MT.jpeg

and work like shi.........!

I haven't tried the TV55, but I currently have a "Terk TV5 amplified low-profile antenna" on top of my tv, and it's getting two more channels than the Winegard antenna Voom put on my roof. I tried the antenna you have pictured on top and didn't have much luck with it.

I tried the first antenna (the feather looking one) when I first got my TV and OTA STB. Worked like crap. My old amplified rabbit ears antenna by Jenkins worked WAY better, but still had to play with the antenna enough that my wife actually brought up getting satellite or cable. I didn't even have to convince her! ;)

Anyway, I'm not sure how well the other Terk antenna works. I would say if you're going to get an indoor antenna, make sure it's amplified.

I live very close to the signal towers and the stealth antenna that was installed was being "jumped over". I called Voom to have this problem looked at more closely and my installer brought the first antenna pictured. My signal strength went from 0-60 to 60-95 for about all locals. I was getting 3-4 locals before and I get all now with only one being tough sometimes but I just rotate the antenna and find the sweet spot and get that channel too. By the way my installers have been wonderful. I have even been told to call them if I don't get the update soon and they will find a new receiver in their stock with the new software and switch it out for me.

I live only 10 miles from all the towers according to AntennaWeb. Since I don't feel like going up on the roof and running cables and all that bull i was wondering i can just one of these.

babyj said:
I live only 10 miles from all the towers according to AntennaWeb. Since I don't feel like going up on the roof and running cables and all that bull i was wondering i can just one of these.

I would try the Silver Sensor first. It is about half the price of the Terk version.

I have one of those in my attic, and it works fine. The furthest tower is about 24 miles away.

Jerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)