Anyone using the Orthomode Feedhorn from TEK2000/Aliexpress ?

pro96

You Member, Member ?
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 18, 2005
OC
Are they any good? Also aliexpress has them for about $49.00 (no lnbs)

Thanks guy for input. Those Chaparral orthos are just too hard to find nowadays.

I'll keep looking at craigslist and or ebay

i have a used chapperal with norstat 5150 needs a servo motor you can get get from hypermega sat ill be glad to send it to you free the servo motor broke off give it to someone who can use it mountain man of la

I been using aliexpress ortho with my 5150's.I purchased for $15 2yrs ago edit almost 3 now. it has been fine. I also have 2 chapparal 1329 and a couple bullseyes but have not had time to do any comparison yet. Used the chap scaler was on my dish. Was leary because price too good to be true but has absolutely worked fine, if I had any issue would have swapped it out long ago. Maybe build quality varies and i just got a good 1. It is not a 1329 clone does not have machined steps like 1329 has, it has tapered transition instead.

Attachments

• ali2.PNG
    ali2.PNG
    40.4 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
i have a used chapperal with norstat 5150 needs a servo motor you can get get from hypermega sat ill be glad to send it to you free the servo motor broke off give it to someone who can use it mountain man of la

sent you a message

I been using aliexpress ortho with my 5150's.I purchased for $15 2yrs ago edit almost 3 now. it has been fine. I also have 2 chapparal 1329 and a couple bullseyes but have not had time to do any comparison yet. Used the chap scaler was on my dish. Was leary because price too good to be true but has absolutely worked fine, if I had any issue would have swapped it out long ago. Maybe build quality varies and i just got a good 1. It is not a 1329 clone does not have machined steps like 1329 has, it has tapered transition instead.

Thanks for the info on your testing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts