Apparently us OTA folks all have "old" antennas

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Just shows how ignorant some people can be

so I was flipping through the TV waiting for the news and sadly I ended up on Ellen. Anywho she is playing this "game" with someone who was down on their luck and basically it was a "game" to give her prizes. But this is what she (Ellen) said to the person

"Because you couldn't pay your cable bill you have to resort to watching me on an old antenna" and because she gave the right answer (true) she gave her like a new TV and cable for a year.

Old Antenna? REALLY???

Dang my "old" antenna works great. :)

Reactions: T134
I will be honest. I thought it was 4:55 and I was going to turn on WDIO for the news at 5 but it was 4:45 and that is what was on.

Keep in mind. Long after Ellen is (& all of us are) dust, that "old" antenna will still be working.

Even if OTA TV is gone, there'll still be FM.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I won't even watch the taping feeds and occasional remotes on my "new" satellite antenna that come down FTA let alone dirty my "old" terrestrial antenna with her garbage.

I liked her as a stand up comedian back in the 80s and 90s & on her tv show. I really don't watch her talk show much and really don't care for the squat dancing over the coffee table segment that she does every show.

My old antenna lost a war with ice and wind. My new antenna is a HD7694P Platinum HD Series Antenna from Weingard. I'd rather gouge my eyes out than watch Ellen on it. HD or not.

EDIT: No VHF Low here so shedding the extra long elements was a bonus.

I had to throw out 2 old antennas after the buzzards got done with them... They are just not strong enough to hold a giant bird... One in the attic works great though, and the buzzards have not found a way to get to them...

While on my chimney, not my antenna you can see how big they are...
IMG_1680.JPG

I'd take .410 to them buzzards.

Edit: Before someone says it, yes I know it is illegal to shoot them in some states and areas.