Apple TV and MLB live games with Google TV app

J_Smooth

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 9, 2022
Cedar Springs, MI
Wondering if anyone else has this issue with Apple TV app on the Hopper Plus.

It doesn't show the live Friday night MLB game. Yet all of our other apps on laptop, fire stick, etc throughout the house do. I don't see how to update any of these apps or clear a cache to try and get them to work. It happens with all games, so it's not a blackout issue.

Wondering if anyone else has this issue with Apple TV app on the Hopper Plus.

It doesn't show the live Friday night MLB game. Yet all of our other apps on laptop, fire stick, etc throughout the house do. I don't see how to update any of these apps or clear a cache to try and get them to work. It happens with all games, so it's not a blackout issue.
Uninstall and reinstall

Reactions: charlesrshell
Also, for every app on Play Store, look for the Developer Contact area which is where you need to contact for support with an app and report the problems.

1689164644587.png

In this case, it's support@apple.com by e-mail, About this App will show you the latest release version of the app and the release date.

1689164711290.png

When you look at the URL in the browser, you will see the package name of the app is com.apple.atve.sony.appletv and you can easily download the apk for this specific version at:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/apple/apple-tv-android-tv-2/apple-tv-android-tv-2-13-4-0-release/ or better yet, show all the versions for Android TV available which is what the Hopper+ is at:

and then just sideload it. When you have problems with apps on Android, you do not need to uninstall and reinstall as all you really need to do is clear data and clear cache after selecting the app. I don't have my Hopper+ hooked up or I would tell you exactly how to do it. There are also 3 different variants of Apple TV on Android: Android TV, Fire TV, Sony Android TV.

Also, for every app on Play Store, look for the Developer Contact area which is where you need to contact for support with an app and report the problems.

View attachment 163466

In this case, it's support@apple.com by e-mail, About this App will show you the latest release version of the app and the release date.

View attachment 163467

When you look at the URL in the browser, you will see the package name of the app is com.apple.atve.sony.appletv and you can easily download the apk for this specific version at:
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/apple/apple-tv-android-tv-2/apple-tv-android-tv-2-13-4-0-release/ or better yet, show all the versions for Android TV available which is what the Hopper+ is at:

and then just sideload it. When you have problems with apps on Android, you do not need to uninstall and reinstall as all you really need to do is clear data and clear cache after selecting the app. I don't have my Hopper+ hooked up or I would tell you exactly how to do it. There are also 3 different variants of Apple TV on Android: Android TV, Fire TV, Sony Android TV.
Appletv app is not in the play store

Yes it is, found it on my Sony TV ( bought last year) which uses Google TV.

It is just certain devices do not support the app.

AppleTV is also available on my Roku Ultra.

IMG_0655.jpeg

Last edited:
Update:

- Called DISH. Had to be transferred, but they acknowledged that that would be an issue and escalated it. We'll see...
- Called Apple. Transferred 3 times, dropped once, and said it was DISH's problem, not Apple, even though I couldn't use my account.
- Sideloaded from the information above. Worked- we'll see if the baseball issue is fixed on Friday. Thanks for the thorough info and links.

Update:

- Called DISH. Had to be transferred, but they acknowledged that that would be an issue and escalated it. We'll see...
- Called Apple. Transferred 3 times, dropped once, and said it was DISH's problem, not Apple, even though I couldn't use my account.
- Sideloaded from the information above. Worked- we'll see if the baseball issue is fixed on Friday. Thanks for the thorough info and links.
Was it updated when you side loaded it?

Was it updated when you side loaded it?
If the question is if it is a different more updated version than what I had before, I don't know. First version was downloaded from the Hopper Plus play store last October. New sideloaded version tonight. I won't follow those uninstall/reinstall instructions in the future if I haven't checked to see if it still exists in the play store.

It came loaded on the tv or did you download via the playstore?
The original OP said it wasn't in the playstore not I
I loaded it.

On a hopper?
No and I already answered that which you quoted after you posted this-
and after you quoted me, you posted this
It came loaded on the tv or did you download via the playstore?
The original OP said it wasn't in the playstore not I
Once again, it is for devices that can support it, like my Sony TV which is just a year old.

Also available for the Nvidia Shield and has been since 2021-

It is as I have shown you earlier, your device is just not on their supported compatibility list to see it.

There are 2 versions, generic Android TV:
1689264708274.png

For Sony
1689264856077.png

and as I mentioned earlier, download the APK and sideload it. No different than on the FireTV, lots of apps are not available on the Amazon Store but if you wanted to install it as long as it is Android, there is a way to do it. With that being said, keyboard apps is a exception as there is no way to select a different installed keyboard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts