Apple's 4th-generation iPhone revealed

Just saw on G4TV that apple is going to challenge the journalistic protections of chen by calling him a blogger and there trying to say that bloggers are not members of the press.
If thats the case then why does Apple keep inviting Gizmodo and Chen to their PRESS CONFRENCES?

It is a good case. It could answer a lot of questions if it goes up to the appeals court or the Supreme Court.

1. Is a tech web site a legitimate news organization?
2. Is a blogger the same as a columist?
3. Was it illegal to pay for the news story/does paying make it illegal vs it given?
4. Is this a legitimate source? Sources in the past have stolen documents from places and given to reporters.

A lot of questions could be answered by the court system about the "new media". I bet if it is not dropped it will be fought all the way to the Supreme Court just to answer some questions.

A wired article I read the other day said that there are laws in place that make a blogger the same as a journalist in California (or laws that have explicit protections for Bloggers similar to journalists maybe), I'll have to find it again. The article was about the handful of reasons this was a bad warrant I think.

A wired article I read the other day said that there are laws in place that make a blogger the same as a journalist in California (or laws that have explicit protections for Bloggers similar to journalists maybe), I'll have to find it again. The article was about the handful of reasons this was a bad warrant I think.

Good warrant or bad, the way it was executed was wrong. The police had no justification for making a forced entry into the unoccupied home.

mestevo- I've seen that before too.

I recall as a freelance cameraman, I could always generate my own press credentials for my own business. In some cases I had to exchange these for "official" credentials when attending an event, much the same way Scott and the other volunteers do at CES. None, including Scott is employed by a big newspaper or TV News Dept yet the grant of Press Credentials seems to be unrestricted. Apple, in my opinion has no case on this. Their lawyers are idiots. It all falls under the 1st amendment and fortified by the 14th amendment which prevents states from passing laws that limit the bill of rights, and constitution in general. Steve Jobs needs to fire his legal counsel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)