April 8th!! This WEdnesday...

Laserich

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 6, 2008
Stationary Orbit
This Wednesday is April 8th!

No, this is not another thread on where's the new HD for Dish...in a few short weeks it will mark the 1 year anniversary of VOOM's murder at the hands of, well...the trial continues.

Monsters HD...you are gone, but not forgotten!

Attachments

• monstersHD.jpg
    monstersHD.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 152
Monster's could have lived if Cable Vision wouldn't have pulled the plug, or flipped the switch on the electric chair. You know if Cable vision took charlies 5 channel deal, monsters would be alive and screaming today.

Why can't Dish fix this Voom debacle by doing what Cablevision did, i.e. put up their own 5 channels? That might even make Platinum worth keeping beyond my free 3 months.

I believe the date you are looking for is May 13th, not April 8. Same as my join date.

Monster's could have lived if Cable Vision wouldn't have pulled the plug, or flipped the switch on the electric chair. You know if Cable vision took charlies 5 channel deal, monsters would be alive and screaming today.

Agreed. Same with Equator, Rave, and the other channels Dish wanted to keep. Rainbow killed Voom, not Dish, by the ridiculous 15-or-bust policy.

Let's ask Scott: here's his article dated May 14, 2008, where he says the last remaining VOOM channels were removed at 12:02 am that morning.

VOOM GOES BOOM ? All VOOM Channels Removed | The Satellite Dish | Blog on Multichannel News - 6839

VOOM GOES BOOM – All VOOM Channels Removed

May 14, 2008
On yesterdays earnings call Dish Network CEO Charlie Ergen wasn’t joking when he mentioned that two thirds of the VOOM channels were removed and that Dish Network “will be taking down the rest as soon as we can.”

This morning at 12:02 A.M. Eastern Time the final five VOOM channels were removed off of Dish Network.

Only two Voom Channels

Am I correct that there is only two voom channels. Voom HD and Rush HD left?

The question is, can we resurrect the dead?

That would be a truly great advertising campaign to announce Monsters HD is back. I can foresee a commercial done in the style of Jason rising from the grave to wreak havoc.... and a Vincent Price 'buwahahahaha' at the end of it.

I was thinking that the perfect (for Dish) April Fool's joke would have been a press-release announcing the return of the VOOM channels :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)