April fools: Dish Network VOOM Converter?

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hey guys, it is being reported on our sister site DishRetailer.COM that tonight Dish Network has started making VOOM Converter Modules available for Dish Network HD Receivers 6000, 811, 921 & 942.

It is reported that this new converter is listed on the Retailer Web Site listed under service parts. No other informaiton is given about them.

What does this mean?

Is a retailer be allowed to take a screen shot of the site so we can see what we're talking about....

very hmm indeed.

Scott how come this aint in the dish forum. If the voom converter is for dish receivers and not voom receivers, I think the point of them is to view V* programming, not vice versa

Scott Greczkowski said:
Hey guys, it is being reported on our sister site DishRetailer.COM that tonight Dish Network has started making VOOM Converter Modules available for Dish Network HD Receivers 6000, 811, 921 & 942.

It is reported that this new converter is listed on the Retailer Web Site listed under service parts. No other informaiton is given about them.

What does this mean?

:what If it wasn't for todays date I might be willing take this more seriously. Sounds very strange though if it is true.

Actually I am being serious.

I have access to the Dish Network Retailer Website, however I can not find it (although I do not have access to order parts which is where this may be.)

dude, it's 10:30 the april fool's jokes are over, this is real. There are several retailers confirming they see this on the site.

So exactly what would this mean? Why would they bother producing these for a service who's immediate future is quite questionable right now?

well Charles dolan did just return from Echostar, so maybe the fax blast didn't know everything. or else this is just a prototype that will never get used. Either way if I can get voom programming without ever having to get voom, I won't complain :D

BFG said:
dude, it's 10:30 the april fool's jokes are over, this is real. There are several retailers confirming they see this on the site.
ummm lets think about this a moment ITS PROBABLY SOMEONE PLAYING AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE ON THE RETAILERS!!..There are onLy <50 k voom subs WHY WOULD YOU CONVERT E* SUBS TO VOOM WHEN YOU CAN JUST GIVE THE VOOM SUBS NEW BOXES FOR ALOT LESS MONEY!!! CMON THIS IS ELCHEAPO CHARLIE WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!! :p :p

I am trying to find out more. I could have sat on it til I knew more but figured I would post it here in case someone else knows more about it.

I am also keeping an eye on Dish Retailer.

Such a converter doesn't really make a whole lot of sense.

I suspect it's either a joke or a hare-brained piece of vaporware that will never see the light of day.

If it's true than it must mean voom has giving dish access to some of it's programing as part of a deal to maintain the rights to keep or at least use Rainbow1 ?

If it is true, I will take one right now.

If it is an April Fool's joke, then it was a pretty good one.

or could be for voom users to switch over to dish network's satelittes

God I hate April 1. With all the little children playing games, there is no way to tell what is real and what isn't.

Anyone progressed beyond kindergarden?

Maybe tomorrow sanity will be restored!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)