Are we ever going to get more than 100 record timers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am still confused why switching out clients for DVR's is a bad idea if it is all integrated, and you get more timers?
I will ALWAYS push for a DVR over a Client, EVERYDAY !
Although there are times, like when Wireless is mainly the only option.

I have Dish, and I have 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys, solely because I wanted two hosts. Now DTV does have the advantage of whether you have a client or a DVR, it is the same price. Why not have that security. I get what you mean by Have To for wireless reasons, but for all other situations, it is dumb to want to do anything else. Not being a DTV customer, I only have limited knowledge, so I am wondering, is my assessment correct?

That isn't a bad idea. More tuners = more recording = fewer conflicts = happy customers.

Especially when you're not paying any more for an HDDVR than you would be a client.

The only thing that a client can do that is of any advantage is bring OTA channels to a second TV via the AM21 without having to run another OTA line and another AM21 to the second TV. I had a client just for that reason, but if I didn't care about OTA, I would refuse a client.

I have no ability to understand how someone can watch that much TV. Not an issue of lifestyle - I mean actually how. There isn't enough time in a year to watch all of that. 100 timers is more than enough for 99.999% of people.
#1 could give a ___ less what others want. let alone the majority lol.. I'll end that there

Had alerts for stuff i near never got. Woody Woodpecker, Mighty Mouse were 2 that i deleted lately as a example.
music artists take up a bunch also. what no one likes music here ? heck i could use a hundred for that alone if I was not limited.

#1 could give a ___ less what others want. let alone the majority lol.. I'll end that there

Had alerts for stuff i near never got. Woody Woodpecker, Mighty Mouse were 2 that i deleted lately as a example.
music artists take up a bunch also. what no one likes music here ? heck i could use a hundred for that alone if I was not limited.

I really have no idea what you're talking about here...

Reactions: harmlesslyfatal

Are you ever going to explain this incoherence or are you just trolling?

How does anyone have time to watch 50 shows, let alone 100!?!?! How do you fit it on the DVR? External? I thought my 41 timers was a lot, and about 15 of them are still there for shows that are no longer even on due to cancellation/series being over, etc...
Not all those 100 will fire in the same week. It is about never having to delete a timer so that it stays in the system to fire when the new season of shows starts, and NO, we don't always have advanced warning of when a show starts the new season, especially if it is NOT a hugely popular one. Some shows are only SIX episodes a year, especially on PBS. I have over 100 and that is AFTER having pruned it down for series that will never air. You also need to take into account a household of Mom and Dad and 2 or even 3 kids, and you can hit the 100 ceiling very quickly.

At least 60 of my annual timers are taken care of using just one timer. Dish's PTAT is amazing

At least 60 of my annual timers are taken care of using just one timer. Dish's PTAT is amazing
I can't think of 20 network shows I watch much less 60. And Dish doesn't have the YES channel. End of my story!

Exactly!

Other than the handful of network shows I watch, I don't think I could name 20 network TV shows.

Network TV is the same recycled dreck year after year, with poor writing, more often than not poor acting, has to comply to the FCCs censorship standards, and just plain boring. In a 22 episode season, most of the middle episodes are just filler that really add nothing to the series other than pumping up the total episode count to increase value when aired in syndication. The past ten years of network TV have basically been filled with spin-offs and comic book shows. Years ago I used to watch just about every primetime network show but after a few years realized they were mostly the same crap. The shows I did enjoy either jumped the shark too quickly or got canceled early on. For me personally I couldn't think of a more useless feature than PTAT. I watch nothing on NBC, nothing on ABC (gave up on The Whispers last week), Fox only for Sunday night, and a handful of CBS shows of which I could do with out them all except for Blue Bloods and 2 Broke Girls.

YES and MSG mean much more to me then some lame teen drama on CW or a doctor show on NBC.

After 10 days I'm still waiting for Peds to tell me which shows I have set to record that aren't airing anymore.

Your post doesn't make any sense, so I am not worried about it.

Are you ever going to explain this incoherence or are you just trolling?
So you ask again.

Out of 200 i now have about 20 after cleaning out about 15 this past month.

I like music if a new concert airs of a artist I follow would like to record it with out scoping out the guide for hours weekly. if i buy a cd....... that artist I must like them, have cd's of a few hundred artists. because of this Low limit only have 40 or so for this.

Then there's sports about 75, movies old ones there I use names again 60. then shows.
500 would be my choice.

edit
my Wife has her own DVR (50) shes always cleaning hers up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)