AT&T New Pricing for Mobile Share Plan! Cut device monthly charge from $30 to $15!

AT&T wants to do something now before its too late to compete against the other providers that provide cheaper plans.

Apple stands to lose with the option for consumers to buy their own phones. People will look a bit harder at the competition when they go to purchase a phone at retail price.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

cut by bill by 15/month and went from 6gb data to 10. win win for me. not to mention my employee discount applies to the PLAN not the individual phone, so my guess is the discount will appear bigger too as it is now going against a higher amount.

Will that $15 per month be enough to make up fr the loss of new phone subsidies? That ois $360 over a two year peroid.

Will that $15 per month be enough to make up fr the loss of new phone subsidies? That ois $360 over a two year peroid.

yeah, its not that great of a savings with only 2 phones on an account, like I have. Even with my corporate discount, my savings will only be about $16/month. If I upgrade phones every two years, as I usually do, I wont come out ahead if I change to the mobile share plans.

$384 in saving over two years does not really help me when I would have to pony up more than $1300 for two new phones. Even with the normal $199/phone upgrade cost, I'm still on the hook for over $500.

Still wondering about he Next plan. Is it that good of a deal? With the next plan you dont own ur phone so you could not sell it. But I have not sold a phone yet.

Think of it like leasing a car. If you always want a new car leasing can make sense. If you always want the new phone NEXT can make sense. It isn't if it's cheaper or more expensive exactly, it's what you get for the money. And remember you do not have to wait two years to get the new phone. I'm not saying NEXT is or is not a good deal, but you can't simply compare it to other plans based on money. It's expensive to have a new car all the time, it's expensive to have a new phone all the time. NEXT as leasing can make it more affordable and easier to simply get the new phone. That's what you are paying for.

Still wondering about he Next plan. Is it that good of a deal? With the next plan you dont own ur phone so you could not sell it. But I have not sold a phone yet.

You own the phone once you finish making payments. Think of it as a 0% financing plan. At least that is my understanding.

You own the phone once you finish making payments. Think of it as a 0% financing plan. At least that is my understanding.

You own the phone at the end of your two-year subsidy as well. And by selling that phone at the end of the NEXT or the two-year agreement is really the only way I could come out ahead by switching. Its a hassle, and a risk, to sell phones though.

You own the phone at the end of your two-year subsidy as well. And by selling that phone at the end of the NEXT or the two-year agreement is really the only way I could come out ahead by switching. Its a hassle, and a risk, to sell phones though.

I know that you own the phone after your two year contract as well. Just explaining to the one that didn't think you owned the phone on the next plan. I have sold many phones and there isn't much risk or hassle to it.

You really have to save $20/month per phone line to really come out ahead of the subsidized phone plans. That is why the individual one does not make sense.

I think it is nice that AT&T let you switch to the new plan even when you are still on contracts on the phones. I just upgraded 4 of my 7 lines to iPhone 5s late last year! So even though they are still on contract until end of 2015, I don't have to pay for the 4 subsidized phones anymore. So I am already over $2000 ahead of the game. :p

Just to see if I understand this. I am a current AT&T customer with 3 smart phones. I am currently in a 2 year agreement that started prior to Feb 2nd 2014. If I chose the 10GB plan at $100/month, my three phones will be $15/month each, not $40. Cost total, minus all the other crap tacked on, would be $145. Is that right?

Just to see if I understand this. I am a current AT&T customer with 3 smart phones. I am currently in a 2 year agreement that started prior to Feb 2nd 2014. If I chose the 10GB plan at $100/month, my three phones will be $15/month each, not $40. Cost total, minus all the other crap tacked on, would be $145. Is that right?

Correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)