AT&T picks DirecTV for their DBS partner starting 2/1/2009

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hi am am a retailer for DISH now for three years and I want to tell you guys that I can not tell you the number of customers that call me wanting to get wildblue internet or wanting to upgradfe their Dish system and find out that if the have a bundled bill that they have to go through the phone company to do any of that. I have had several customers wanting wildblue and have to get their bills unbundled for me to install it or they can not even get it because ATT owns the account. They all have told me the savings is not worth the nightmare it creates. Also it takes ATT a month or better to unbundle it so I can do the promotion on that customer. So my feelings are the Direct tv retailers and customers can now experience this nightmare. I am not trying to be mean just thought I would share this and it does happen ALOT. Also I don't know wht everyone hates DISH because I really switch ALOT of people over to DISH from Direct. With the dual tuners and the DVR advantage and the cheaper programming packages available alot of customers can save from $10.00 to twenty bucks a month. Have a good evening and by the way I don't hate DIRECT TV I just am making a comment I know is true. Thanks everyone

This is typical with most services that are bundled, it's not just D and DISH when it comes to bundling. Verizon, at&t who ever, doesn't matter.

When someone comes back to at&t from a reseller, it often takes more time than expected due to the other side taking thier time about releasing the account.
No one makes it easy for someone to go to another company.

Jimbo

Not true. In area's that do not qualify for U-Verse AT&T is still placing BOBs or Broadband optical boxes that will service DSL until U-verse is expanded. Currently they have strict requirements for any hood to be U-Verse eligible. They take number of houses and average household incomes to determine.

The requirements for DSL upgrades are significantly lower then U-Verse.

Broadband optical boxes ?

Where are you located ?
I have yet to hear about these ....

Unless thats what your calling the new NI's that handle fiber as well as the rest of the services.

Jimbo

If you have an AT&T | Dish bundle, what happens after Feb 2009? Does Dish start billing you separately?

More than likely ATT will switch you over to Direct TV(this means that ATT will do the install that is needed to have you get Direct Tv along with the boxes needed)

More than likely ATT will switch you over to Direct TV(this means that ATT will do the install that is needed to have you get Direct Tv along with the boxes needed)
Wrong, you will not have to switch to DirecTV unless you want to. You can keep your E* account, it will just be unbundled from AT&T.

Wrong, you will not have to switch to DirecTV unless you want to. You can keep your E* account, it will just be unbundled from AT&T.

Correct ....
AT&T will continue to support those with at&t/ DISH accounts.
You can unbundle if you like.

Jimbo

First of all, my apologies if this question is redundant but do you think, come Feb.09, since I have U-verse internet Pro and am a D customer, that I'd be able to contact AT&T and seek a bundle discount? Or would I call Directv? Or does one have to be a new customer? Thanks.

First of all, my apologies if this question is redundant but do you think, come Feb.09, since I have U-verse internet Pro and am a D customer, that I'd be able to contact AT&T and seek a bundle discount? Or would I call Directv? Or does one have to be a new customer? Thanks.

Don't count on it. I too have DirecTV and Uverse Internet without Uverse TV.

AT&T won't package discount your plan because they will want you to get Uverse TV (their own product, and make more money) and I highly doubt DirecTV will discount your plan because you are already a customer of theirs. There is nothing for them to gain from a business perspective.

We can keep our hopes up though. No one really knows until the time comes.

Don't count on it. I too have DirecTV and Uverse Internet without Uverse TV.

AT&T won't package discount your plan because they will want you to get Uverse TV (their own product, and make more money) and I highly doubt DirecTV will discount your plan because you are already a customer of theirs. There is nothing for them to gain from a business perspective.

We can keep our hopes up though. No one really knows until the time comes.

I agree with you ....
There is nothing to be gained by D* at that point.
Normally if you try to bundle and already have one, you cannot do it, I had the same situation with Verizon, when I got Verizon I already had D* and was not allowed to bundle.

Jimbo

IF anything, I would call AT&T at that time and see if they can do anything for you, I would think calling D* would not get you anywhere.

Jimbo

Hey guys, since I have Wireless with AT&T and Internet with them too...can I combine my DTV bill with them so I can get an additional discount monthly?
Will that be possible?

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, since I have Wireless with AT&T and Internet with them too...can I combine my DTV bill with them so I can get an additional discount monthly?
Will that be possible?

Thanks in advance.

More than likely seeing you already have D*, I would say No, but you never know, like I mentioned in another post, give them a call and see what they have to say about it when Feb 1st gets here. :)

Thanks guys, yeah perhaps I'll call AT&T in Feb or Mar and try it, more than likely I'll get a CSR who is clueless ( I hate AT&T 's 800 #, takes mins to get reach a human)

Thanks guys, yeah perhaps I'll call AT&T in Feb or Mar and try it, more than likely I'll get a CSR who is clueless ( I hate AT&T 's 800 #, takes mins to get reach a human)

How is this different from any other large company ?

Also, not ALL CSR's are clueless.

Jimbo

More than likely seeing you already have D*, I would say No, but you never know, like I mentioned in another post, give them a call and see what they have to say about it when Feb 1st gets here. :)

When I had Bellsouth bundles before, I already had D* and I was able to add it in and I got $5 dollars off my D* bill. Once it starts I think you just go to AT&T website and there should be an option if you already have D*.

One nice thing I have been able to do as a Dish Dealer is I could sell a new customer Dish and ATT phone and internet...

Think I will be able to do the same with D* since I am a D* dealer as well? Or do you think that D* and ATT will keep that goodie for themselves?

One nice thing I have been able to do as a Dish Dealer is I could sell a new customer Dish and ATT phone and internet...

Think I will be able to do the same with D* since I am a D* dealer as well? Or do you think that D* and ATT will keep that goodie for themselves?

I currently can do as you do now, however, I think that will change to D* , phone and internet, and the DISH will no longer be an option as far as At&t bundles go.
I think thats what you meant, but not sure.

AT&T will not sell DISH after 2-01-09 any longer.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)