AT&T Plans to Charge $50 to $60 a Month For DIRECTV NOW

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
True. But as far as alternating among OTT services to avoid the extra costs when they eventually all go up in price, I was specifically referring to the on demand services (Netflix, Hulu, HBO Now), not one's primary OTT live TV service.
Live TV is all anyone is really talking about so limiting your comments to anything else (where the pricing appears mostly stable) is perhaps a failed save.

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
I'm trying to understand what's happening here, so basically ATT is going to take channels out of the base package, not eliminate them, & if you want to keep those channels, then you have to upgrade to the higher package, correct?

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
I'm trying to understand what's happening here, so basically ATT is going to take channels out of the base package, not eliminate them, & if you want to keep those channels, then you have to upgrade to the higher package, correct?

My perception is they are going to wrap the Directv (traditional pay tv) model around the NOW streaming service and repackage the whole thing as one service while quietly eliminating satellite delivery.

Reactions: navychop

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
Moreover, they'll claim it is a major victory because they're giving subscribers a choice when the only real win is going to be their enhanced ARPU.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

Any suggestions for rural Internet?

Which streaming service is best for these channels?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)