AT&T Wages Quiet War on Grandfathered Unlimited Users

The other link was better as it doesn't make you login to your google account to view. Your's wouldn't let me view it without logging into to google first. I just choose to search for the article elsewhere instead of entering my password.
I don't even have a google account and I was able to view it. In fact I can see the login icon on the top right corner.

Because they will lose more customers buy just moving everybody to a different plan. I know many people that don't care if their are throttled as long as it is still unlimited. Now they normally don't go over the 2GB rate but if they do they like to know that they won't be billed extra. Many even said they wouldn't care if they received the same speed as long as they don't get charged extra. It is just a mind game that they are playing and it will most likely work with the majority of the users.
That makes sense.

I know I would leave if they officially dropped my unlimited plan. I would also leave the second the throttle me and they haven't done that yet.

I only looked back a few posts before I posted the link, only needed to look back a handful more to find your link. I dislike it when I do that.
It's all good. I do the same thing myself on occasion as well. It was more of an FYI than anything else. Yours is a different source anyway.

I don't even have a google account and I was able to view it. In fact I can see the login icon on the top right corner.

This is the page I get when I try your link. I guess it is because I have a google account and it wants me to use it to view the story.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 104
This is the page I get when I try your link. I guess it is because I have a google account and it wants me to use it to view the story.
Interesting. I don't know why. This is what I get. As you can see from the sign in icon on the top right that I am not signed in. I don't have a Google account to sign in with.

Attachments

• Google.png
    Google.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 111
nowdays all you hear out of utility companies and in this case at&t is "use less". Instead of these corrupt establishments investing in their own infrastructure they preach to us "use less". The water and power companies constantly cry "use less". They use any plausible excuse....whether it be "being green" or just simple rate hikes. it is all a sham.

Has nothing to do with how much bandwidth; it is simply about what plan you are on.
Sorry to take so long responding. I had to email Verizon to get the link.

This link: Network Optimization

Third paragraph, towards the end.

"The highest data users, the top 5% with 3G devices on unlimited data plans, may experience managed data speeds when connected to a congested 3G cell site after reaching certain data-usage levels in a bill cycle. High data users will feel the smallest possible impact and only experience reduced data speeds when necessary for us to optimize data network traffic in that area."

Like I said, "if you're on a busy cell tower..."

Looks like the war is over, or at least the rules of engagement have finally been defined.

Data Usage Information & FAQs from AT&T

For those of you too lazy to read it, basic info is that if you have unlimited data and you have a 3G/4G phone you will be throttled at 3GB. If you have a 4G LTE phone you'll be throttled at 5GB, and you'll get a text message alerting you when you get close to that level.

yourbeliefs said:
Looks like the war is over, or at least the rules of engagement have finally been defined.

Data Usage Information & FAQs from AT&T

For those of you too lazy to read it, basic info is that if you have unlimited data and you have a 3G/4G phone you will be throttled at 3GB. If you have a 4G LTE phone you'll be throttled at 5GB, and you'll get a text message alerting you when you get close to that level.

Apparently, you only get the message the first time you approach the number. But like I said, let them try this with me... I never had the option of paying for something less than 3G speeds with this phone, their throttling policy is inconsistent with their position on that.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Apparently, you only get the message the first time you approach the number. But like I said, let them try this with me... I never had the option of paying for something less than 3G speeds with this phone, their throttling policy is inconsistent with their position on that.

I'm actually thrilled with this news. I mean, I'm getting 5GB of full speed for nearly half of what 5GB tiered people are using. Also, I don't have to be SO paranoid about my data usage because at least with this even if I go over, I just get really slow speeds. I'd rather get throttled speeds and pay nothing more than keep full speeds and be charged $10 more. My bill is high enough.

meStevo said:
Definitely a battle won by consumers, but war continues.

Not won by this consumer. I have unlimited and I expect to get unlimited, this includes not limiting speed. When summer comes and I want to watch baseball through my paid for phone with my paid for unlimited plan on my paid for MLB account and my paid for MLB APP, I expect to get what I paid for without interruption. If they throttle me after 3GB, then I will not be able to watch what I paid for.

The question is what will they throttle users down to? If they made it Edge speed I would not mind. 150kbits/sec is ok for web browsing or even radio, just not video. If they take you down to 30kbits/sec then it is too slow to get much done at all.

The question is what will they throttle users down to? If they made it Edge speed I would not mind. 150kbits/sec is ok for web browsing or even radio, just not video. If they take you down to 30kbits/sec then it is too slow to get much done at all.
Whatever the speed it will not be sufficient enough to stream live baseball games.

You're not too familiar with lawyers, are you? ;)

"It depends upon what the definition of 'is' is."