"Attendance is manditory" on wednesday morning from installer....

that what i would do to Sean if i was that worried. My Kid is been eating good off of voom no trouble here getting paid.

t

Sean Mota said:
You say that you brought the news that VOOM is going down from the MEETING that no one should miss; yet we found it strange that TYORK who has contacts at Installs Inc and has been a helpful person around here did not hear about the meeting. If you had a long day, sorry but that was not mea culpa. I have them all the time and my kids do not have to go hungry. If you feel, you are jeopardizing your kids food by installing VOOM, think twice and start doing D* and E*. It looks like you are much happier doing that than the crappy VOOM installations that won't pay you, right?

sean, i did not hear that at the meeting, these are my thoughts about the meeting, and you can spin the news all you want it doesnt look real good right now. and all the thank you letters to dolan dont mean crap at the bottom line to the investors, 1 billion plus down a money pit for 50 thou subs, get serious, the law suits alone are going to kill dolan and voom

A little off topic:

I just got off the phone with VOOM cause my installer is due tomorrow morning and I wanted to confirm that I'm still scheduled for tomorrow morning and guess what? Yep that's right I'm still scheduled for tomorrow morning.

I don't see voom going anywhere anytime soon

I never say much either way on this subject... keep everything i know to my self. I am a direct retailer for VOOM. All i will say is i still take orders and install. I have no worries.

me either i would say they are knocking on 60,000 if not 70,000 by now

t

Yea I would wager I think they have over 70k atm or close to it,guy I spoke to really seemed like he was up to date on it and said he had voom himself and that they had alot of orders still waiting to be set up.Voom is not going anywhere if it does in year to come cablevision and others will be kicking themselves for missing out on whats gonna become mainstream very soon.

Everyone knows Charles Dolan picks winners and is a risk taker but look back at his track record guy has been on cutting edge of things and this is no different.Smart investors would get behind this.

danielle_s said:
do you honestly believe that they still only have 40,000 subs?
The last 'official' number for the nation's fourth DBS provider is 40,000 - as stated in Cablevision's 10K and Voom HD LLC's petition.

One news article stated a slightly higher number with over 5k waiting with (of course) an anonymous source. Your install is Thursday? How long have you been on the 'waiting' list?

Today is D day for C Dolan. We should be seeing an extension or deal soon.

JL

Since March 1st. But only because I couldn't move into my new apartment until the 31st otherwise I would break my lease. If you read any of posts you would know that I had to move in order to get satellite.

For what it's worth, when I had my VOOM dish realigned after a severe wind storm associated with the recent rains in the greater Los Angeles area, the technician claimed they were busy as hell doing VOOM installs. While he did not provide hard data, he indicated that the number of scheduled installs had skyrocketed since mid-February.

It would seem that even controversial and contentious publicity is good publicity.

dragon002 said:
mr mota,

sorry im not like you and never screw up it was this morning and why i posted this evening, 3.30 wed am, . i know you are a mod , put the wisdom and your hopes for voom in the jar, it wont get far

i am exhausted from worrying about them withholding pay if we install and don't get permission. you have NO IDEA what the techs are going thru!!!!!!!! you have NO idea!!!!

so laugh all you want, im scared to death of doing 6 or so installs and LOSING a thousand dollars for my kids, it isn't funny

DRAGON
Then I would THINK that your conscience would direct you to NOT DO THOSE INSTALLS...spend your time and efforts in places you can feel more confident of being able to provide for those children...if that's your concern. Vicki

danielle_s said:
Since March 1st. But only because I couldn't move into my new apartment until the 31st otherwise I would break my lease. If you read any of posts you would know that I had to move in order to get satellite.
With all due respect, I cannot remember the history of every poster and neither can you! Thanks for the answer, but you could have given it without the snide comment. :rolleyes:

JL

JL, I think I've heard that line before, except it came from an infrequent (but highly experienced poster who doesn't usually engage in the "hand-to-hand" combat).

She was right then, and I'm sure Danielle is right now...you don't ignore or "forget" posts any more than I do. Vicki

TYORK said:
Don't listen to him you guys if you look back on this post he said he didn't even have the meet until Thursday in Pitts. 90 miles away So it seems he is trying to start some crap. to get you all going.

t

Let's see. 90 miles up in Pittsburgh. He's from the Morgantown/Fairmont area of West Virginia. Sounds like a little too much hooch from grandma's still to me :D

Voom on - Voom off - whatever.
vbye.gif

JL

dragon002 said:
mr mota,

sorry im not like you and never screw up it was this morning and why i posted this evening, 3.30 wed am, . i know you are a mod , put the wisdom and your hopes for voom in the jar, it wont get far

i am exhausted from worrying about them withholding pay if we install and don't get permission. you have NO IDEA what the techs are going thru!!!!!!!! you have NO idea!!!!

so laugh all you want, im scared to death of doing 6 or so installs and LOSING a thousand dollars for my kids, it isn't funny

DRAGON
SO quit. Find another profession and another group of people to annoy and do half A$$ work for. :rolleyes: Infact, since you dont do competent OTA work I would suggest an IP scan to find Dragons identity. Then a petition sent to Installs inc to drop him and withhold 1/2 of all funds owed to him. Perhaps maybe even a lawsuit for profits not realized by Voom due to customers he installed dropping the service due to lousy OTA reception. How bout it guys?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)