Attention 625 Owners

The drive is going to format itself so you will lose everything including your timers. So setting things to skip will work, but when it updates you timers will not be there.

Scott,

Can you please tell us what will happen if we do not delete our recordings and the 625 gets the software update? Can we delete the shows and timers at a later date and get the extra time?

I basically have the same question as the past few posters--and its from my lack of understanding how this works. I guess I am envisoning this from the viewpoint of installing software on a regular PC.

Will the new L462 software download (somtime before Nov 8) even if timers/recordings have NOT been deleted? Then once the software download is verified (via MENU-6-1-3), can we then delete timers/recordings (for 24 hours?) allowing the software to install thus adding the extra 50 hours?

In other words, will all 625 users GET the download -- but its installation dependent on deleting timers/recordings?

(Am I way off base in my thinking here?)

Eric

i got the new software version on mine today -- yesterday i had already deleted all of my recordings after spending a couple weeks recording them to a DVD with a dvr burner and i still didnt get the extra 50 hrs -- does it take time for the drive to reformat or what

So much talk about the extra 50 hours. Bottom line is has anyone got the extra time? No one at this time seems to have it. When it really happens please post here when how and what, that would be nice. All this guessing is fun but not helpful.

i only have it on my first 625 but my 2nd one still has lots of things that i dont want to loose yet so it will be a while before i can record all them to a dvd but at least i have it on my 1st 625

no i had the new software this morning-- i changed the tme earlier for the nightly download let it do its thing for about 10mins it reset then it came back on and said your hard drive will be formated or something similar then the receiver reset it self then i checked and there it was the 150hrs

no i had the new software this morning-- i changed the tme earlier for the nightly download let it do its thing for about 10mins it reset then it came back on and said your hard drive will be formated or something similar then the receiver reset it self then i checked and there it was the 150hrs

Well what I meant is this was the order that it happened for you, correct?:

1) Yesterday, you deleted all the programs and timers.

Then:

2) Last night's update downloaded the software update to your DVR.

3) Tonight's update reformatted your hard drive to 150 hours.

Because what I wanted to do and hope this works also is:

1) Have the software update downloaded to my DVR

Then:

2) Delete all my programs and timers

3) The 2nd update (like the next night) reformats my hard drive

This is what I think should happen if you still have recordings and timers:

- Receiver downloads software and installs it.
- Checks for recordings and timers and since they are still there, nothing happens.
- When the receiver runs the diagnostics at whatever time is set, it checks again. If there are no recordings and no timers, it prompts you to reformat the hard drive and proceeds to formatting.
- Receiver has 150 hrs. for recording.

But again that's just what I think it should happen.

DVR Diagnostic Screen Info?

Schedule for Locals in HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts