Audio Problem with HR20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hauser

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2006
I received the new download a couple of nights ago and now it seems that ever since, when viewing an HD broadcast, the audio keeps going on and off. Watching the same broadcast on the TV downstairs, which has an H20, there is no problem. There is also no problem on the TV hooked to the HR20 when viewing the same channel in SD.

Would it be advisable to reboot?

Thanks in advance for your help

I received the new download a couple of nights ago and now it seems that ever since, when viewing an HD broadcast, the audio keeps going on and off. Watching the same broadcast on the TV downstairs, which has an H20, there is no problem. There is also no problem on the TV hooked to the HR20 when viewing the same channel in SD.

Haven't seen that issue on mine, but when in doubt do a reboot, it can't hurt except for having to wait for the guide to reload. You might want to check the HR20 section over at www.dbstalk.com for more information.

Yes, do a reboot and se if that cures your problem.

Jimbo

Haven't seen that issue on mine, but when in doubt do a reboot, it can't hurt except for having to wait for the guide to reload. You might want to check the HR20 section over at www.dbstalk.com for more information.

I went over to dbstalk and there is quite a bit of the same problem reported.

I hadn't been having any problems until this new version. When I went to see if it was still doing it last night, the remote was frozen (as some at dbstalk had also mentioned) and the only buttons that worked were the sound and the on/off.

I rebooted and so far, so good.

It's kind of depressing though, reading all the problems over at dbstalk since this new release. People losing to do lists, taped shows, calerID, etc. My caller id still works

I went over to dbstalk and there is quite a bit of the same problem reported.

I hadn't been having any problems until this new version. When I went to see if it was still doing it last night, the remote was frozen (as some at dbstalk had also mentioned) and the only buttons that worked were the sound and the on/off.

I rebooted and so far, so good.

It's kind of depressing though, reading all the problems over at dbstalk since this new release. People losing to do lists, taped shows, calerID, etc. My caller id still works

Keep the faith, Bro! 11B has been sweet for me. Still have audio drop outs and pixelization (ADOP?) on recorded shows whether recorded OTA or sat. Otherwise, I'm in really good shape.

Keep the faith, Bro! 11B has been sweet for me. Still have audio drop outs and pixelization (ADOP?) on recorded shows whether recorded OTA or sat. Otherwise, I'm in really good shape.
by audio drops, do you mean where the audio disapears? If so, mine was doing it last night on live broadcast as well as taped programs

BTW, a reset is always the first thing to try with any problem. If the reset button doesn't fix the prob, remove power for a minute or so and try again. Most everything these days is 'computer powered'. First rule of computer probs is 'turn it off and turn it on', which often fixes the problem.

OK, one of the guys over at dbstalks posted the following :

Okay, I guess I was having the BSB, not the BSOD, because this morning, I had a BSOD. No menus, no response, only the RBR fixed it. Everyday, I either have the BSB or the BSOD requiring a RBR. Unacceptable.

I think BSOD is Blue Screen of Death, but what is BSB?

Also, when they talk of putting the HR20 on standby, how do you do that? I just power off and the TV goes off and the box runs all night. Am I supposed to be doing something else?

Last question, how do you know if you are on a MPeg2 or MPeg 4 channel?

Thanks in advance from this non techie guy

Bumping this in hopes of getting an answer

If it happend on any HD station, the only answer I can see that is valid, is have the unit replaced, if it's only on local HD, it may be a local feed problem, contact the engineers at the station(s) in question.

turn off the dolby digital on the receiver. Its a possiblity ur tv is not accepting the dolby digital from the receiver.

OK, one of the guys over at dbstalks posted the following :

I think BSOD is Blue Screen of Death, but what is BSB?

Also, when they talk of putting the HR20 on standby, how do you do that? I just power off and the TV goes off and the box runs all night. Am I supposed to be doing something else?

Last question, how do you know if you are on a MPeg2 or MPeg 4 channel?

Thanks in advance from this non techie guy

Turning the unit "off" IS standby.
Try the latest software update and see if that fixes it.
11F is in the stream as we type.

Jimbo

Should a person turn the unit off every night? Doesn't that make it reboot when you turn it back on?

Should a person turn the unit off every night? Doesn't that make it reboot when you turn it back on?

Just turning it off does not cause a reboot. Some people say they have less problems if they turn it off, some say less problems if you leave it on. YMMV.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)