Audio sync issues HD channels with a 622

fredw

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2006
Port Huron, MI
I have a 622 connected to a LG 42LH30 and when watching HD channels i feel like i am watching a poorly dubbed japanese movie, the audio is way off from the video, but the same SD channel is ok. I also have the 622 connected to an AWIA audio reciever via the optical oitput, and the HD audio sync is ok through the optical ouput. Is anybody else having the same concerns or dose anybody have any suggestions? thanks for any help.

We all have the same issues.

Don't include me with we. Long time since I've seen sync problems, and when I have, it's obviously been with the originating channel. Check the following: Menu, 6,1,7...set sync for HD. I have a 722K connected as you, Fred, with optical. Also a 722 connected to a stereo receiver via composite. Both just fine.

Last edited:
I very rarely have any sync problems, although I did some time back. My audio is run through my Denon receiver and hooked via HDMI.

I started having a problem also. I pressed the power button on the 622 and held it till it rebooted. Have had no problem at all now. I was having problems with OTA recordings also.
If this does not help try unplugging your receiver from the power source.

Thanks for the info KAB, i checked and the issue is not only with my dish reciever the concern is also present with my dvd player through the hdmi connection. I have called LG and they set up a service call to have a tech come out and update the tv firmware. I will update and advise how it works out when they come. Thanks for all the info.

LG sets have been having lots of lip-sync problems. Call their customer service reps and see if you need a firmware update. If so, they will send it to you for free.

and how do you go about installing it? I have an LG 55LH40. The only sync issues I have had were source specific. A couple of weeks ago Fox was out of sync.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts