Audits

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It sounds like there was some hanky-panky going on at your house. Am I right? Were you bootlegging the Dish service onto too many receivers? Fess up.

The more people steal from Dish, the more the honest subscribers have to pay.

Hey mitch, is your real name Charlie? Thanks for towing the company line. How exactly are pirates increasing your bill? I bet you'll respond "cuz they have to make new smartcards". They do that anyways, to upgrade their systems! You think if we didnt have pirates we'd all still have a model 1000 and watch on our single dish setup? I dont condone pirating, but dont go blaming your bill on them. Blame it on the media companies jacking up the rates for their half assed programming.

Oh, and way to accuse the guy of something without having any proof what so ever. Obviously dish network is perfect and makes no mistakes. What do you want him to fess up to? If he was bootlegging it he wouldnt have had an account for them to shutoff!!!

In most cases people either dont have enough phone jacks near all their recievers or dont have a land line. What is the dishnet solution for cell phone only users?

Retails stores, and most likely E* as well all add a "percentage" increase to prices to cover potential shoplifting, or theft of service.

While a single bootlegger or whatever you want to call them may not increase prices, it's the existance of them as a group that costs me and other consumers. I don't think you are stealing service myself, as I always give the benefit of the doubt to others, but that tone could sound defensive and may be misconstrued by others.

It's like the single "copied CD" analogy. A single persons theft may not be a problem, but I've heard stories where the album of an up and coming band was bootlegged so much that the band went bankrupt even though a large majority of cities had people enjoying the song. Go figure, huh?

nippjas said:
In any case this is a legit statement..."What do people do who don't have landlines?"...Dish requires a couple models, 921, 811, 721, and 522 I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, to be connected at all times. Jason

E* requires that all boxes be connected at all times. However, the only ones that save you $$ on the additional outlet fee are the 322 and 522. Otherwise, it doesn't matter.

larrystotler said:
E* requires that all boxes be connected at all times. However, the only ones that save you $$ on the additional outlet fee are the 322 and 522. Otherwise, it doesn't matter.
My 6000u and 501 have never been hooked to land line...And I have not had my D* hooked up either for a year or so...

Some do not want to connect their phone lines because of the higher risk of a lightening surge and privacy reasons. Others just have a cell phone as more and more people are replacing their landlines with them.

dfergie said:
My 6000u and 501 have never been hooked to land line...And I have not had my D* hooked up either for a year or so...

Read the license agreement at the back of the manual. It is pretty specific. I'm not saying I care, I'm just pointing out that this is actually the case.

larrystotler said:
Read the license agreement at the back of the manual. It is pretty specific. I'm not saying I care, I'm just pointing out that this is actually the case.
Guess I am flying under the Radar :) forgot I also have a 2700 stuffed in a camper that is active but rarely used...and I asked D* csr once and he said since I don't mess with ppv's (rent movies way before they come out on ppv)it was not necessesary. (same deal with 501 and 6000u have never ppv'ed) dont know if it makes any difference but I have AEP with locals, cbs distants, cbs hd's and HD pack. If they audit me I'm sol because I killed my landline a few months back when I got wireless Internet... I guess I would just drive to Roswell or El Paso and get a D* hd receiver then tell E* bye, bye...

Maybe A moderator CAN split ALL of THIS discussion INTO its OWN thread SINCE it's NOT really SPECIFIC to DISH network AUDITS anymore.

TuxCoder said:
Maybe A moderator CAN split ALL of THIS discussion INTO its OWN thread SINCE it's NOT really SPECIFIC to DISH network AUDITS anymore.
As you wish....;)

help

I got the same call yesterday and I failed the test. A family living next to us and we are sharing accounts. Is there anyway to get Dish network account back? Can I bring the recievers at one home, connect them to phone line and let them test? Any other way to pass it?

Can I possibly connect have two dish under one account in the same house?

THX.

walla45 said:
I got the same call yesterday and I failed the test. A family living next to us and we are sharing accounts. Is there anyway to get Dish network account back? Can I bring the recievers at one home, connect them to phone line and let them test? Any other way to pass it?

THX.
My only advice is that you abide by the terms and conditions of your Residential Agreement and do not share your account with your neighbor...and vice-versa. Dish Network has a right to disable your account and bill you for any and all theft of services.

UNderstand why Dish wanted the audit, BUT, if they stop giving out 2nd, 3rd or more receivers for free, this is not a problem at all, they can let customer has the two room system with the 322 for example, the third room for what ever the model, full price. This will create less problem. NOw I am sure this audit will sure make lots customer unhappy and leave Dish as well. ANOTHER STUPID IDEA FROM DISH ITSELF.

walla45 said:

THX.

Customers like you are the reason these audits are being imposed on honest subscribers. What you were doing is illegal (stealing), no sympathy here, you got what you deserved.

NightRyder

I got the call last year and Dish wanted to know where the two receivers were that showed on my account that I knew nothing about. I was really surprised of what they accused me of and finally told them I never owned a model 3000 or what ever they said was on my account and they should deactivate all receivers except the ones I read the numbers off from to the CSR who was auditing my account. The funny thing is I was never charged the extra $5 a month for the phantom receivers or I would have caught the the freeloader receivers on my account. I pointed this out to the CSR and she had no explanation of how the receivers were on my account or who did the activations. All she kept saying was I had better straigten things out before they took legal action. I have been a DISH customer from day one with the everything pak and was treated this way. Boy! I should have canceled on the spot. Any one else ever had this happen to them? Looks like some sort of piracy of services from a Dish insider or maybe just a mistake in the bookeeping at Dish.

closed thread due to 3 reasons

-old thread
-theres one on this already
-YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING THAT IS NOT CONDONED HERE!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)