Automatic play of next episode, can it be turned off?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DVDDAD

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Huntington, Long Island, NY
I can see how some would like this new feature, but I find it very annoying. I've gone through the menu but didn't see where we could toggle this off. Did I miss something?

Reactions: AZ.
Auto play for viewing your Recorded shows ?
I don't think it can be Turn OFF, but if you hit the button it won't start the next show.
I can't remember the exact options.

Not sure what you are experiencing, but if you hit play from the playlist on a series that has multiple recordings it will play until you stop it, auto play the next episode.

If you hit play from a specific show, meaning hit select on the series to expand to the list of episodes, and hit play on a specific episode, it will play only that episode then return to the list.

So essentially the user interface is designed to work with both requests. No way for the user to change how that operates.

Not sure what you are experiencing, but if you hit play from the playlist on a series that has multiple recordings it will play until you stop it, auto play the next episode.

If you hit play from a specific show, meaning hit select on the series to expand to the list of episodes, and hit play on a specific episode, it will play only that episode then return to the list.

So essentially the user interface is designed to work with both requests. No way for the user to change how that operates.
Nope, I also have this problem. When I have a group of say NCIS shows and click on the folder then click the play button on a single episode, it will come up after it is over and start the 5 second countdown to play the next show.

I haven't seen that Ramy. Is it in the national software or maybe CE?

Mine is the national software everybody has. No CE here.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

been happening on my HR34 as well, and the bad thing is if season/episode data is missing it will stream the next episode even if it had it recorded! I've had that happen a couple times. If the S/E data is there it will play the recorded copy, but on those occasions it is not there it will stream it everytime!

been happening on my HR34 as well, and the bad thing is if season/episode data is missing it will stream the next episode even if it had it recorded! I've had that happen a couple times. If the S/E data is there it will play the recorded copy, but on those occasions it is not there it will stream it everytime!
Yes. That happens to me too.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

I usually don't disagree with you, but as others said this just isn't true. I only play a specific episode and it happens every time. I'm on latest NR, no CE. The way you describe, makes sense and maybe that's how the software engineers had planned it. Maybe this is a bug that's got to be squashed?

To me....It only happens with a set of recorded series....Now not sure if they must be in numerical order.....

I usually don't disagree with you, but as others said this just isn't true. I only play a specific episode and it happens every time. I'm on latest NR, no CE. The way you describe, makes sense and maybe that's how the software engineers had planned it. Maybe this is a bug that's got to be squashed?

Sounds like something that has changed recently, I don't recall this type of activity before, but there are definitely several people experiencing it. I wonder if it is a side effect of the recent changes to add season / episode data? That change was a few months ago but hard to say.

yes, it seems to be related to the season/episode data that was added to the EPG entries in the last 2 months.

Based upon what I've witnessed:

If the multiple records of a particular series have season/episode data and you don't play the most recent episode available, the autoplay will move on to the next episode after a 5 sec countdown timer.

If you play the most recent episode, the playing will stop after that episode ends.

If there is no season/episode data, the playing will stop after that episode ends.

-------

I'm still trying to figure out some stupid things that have happened. I've had the next episode play after the 5 sec countdown timer even after I selected cancel to end the timer and not play back the next episode.

I've also had an incident where I watched the most recent episode available and when that was done, the HR-34 streamed and played back the episode before that (for example, if the most recent episode is episode 10 of the current season, when 10 was done, episode 9 would start streaming and playing).

I wish DIRECTV would put a toggle in the settings to turn that auto playback off. It's annoying, especially if I fall asleep while an episode in a group is playing (or intentionally fall asleep to something boring for which I recorded 2-3 of them).

Hmm don't think it's happened to me. It stops and asks me if I want to delete or keep the recording.

I hate when the countdown expires and it starts playing the next program at the same time that you hit cancel, then it freezes the box and there's nothing you can do but RBR it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts