Average 622/722 Temperature thread, Is your's Hot?

(TIC)
Start by putting it into a small apartment sized refrigerator with cable holes cut into the back for access and putting an external UHF antenna and converting remote 1 to UHF. Then you could possibly see numbers like:

Low 36'F
Average 38'F
High 45'F

I like it...
Dan

"1. How often does the temperature counter update? Is there anything I need to do to update it?"
I saw the changes in one hour, could be less then that if anyone would like to check it.
Today I tested a small pan with ice ot top of modded 622 [with 80 mm fan]; perhaps I put too thin grill in between, but the average temp raised 2 degree after two hours. Duh! So, removed it and next hour the temp went down to 98 F, but high temp mark still the same.

Next time I whould use dry ice :).

I have had the Thermaltake fan on my box for a week now and the new numbers are
High 131
Low 86
Average 114

So my low went from 107 to 86 and my average went from 123 to 114.
The fan seems to be doing the trick as the top of my box used to be hot to the touch, now it is cool. It is just on the left side of my 722 sucking the hot air out.

Amazon.com: Thermaltake Mobile Fan II External USB Cooling Fan - Us: Industrial & Scientific

l_c28840cf13cf467fba5ac11ad45f5b7e.jpg

As of today
high 131
low 86
avg 114

Read somewhere about putting a Tivo on water bottle caps to improve air flow, lowering operating temp. The light bulb on my shoulders flickered dimly and I thought - I'll see your water bottle cap and raise you a 1.75L cap. So I collected 4 black 1.75L caps. It was hard work, but somebody had to do it. Can't remember what they were capping. Oh well. Placed said caps under the 722 and the temp dropped 8 degrees almost instantly. Cheap A/C for the 722.

Wait, the bulb flickers dimly again. I probably paid more than $60 for those caps.

Thanks for the advice - my VIP 722 had readings of high 138, low 114, and average of 129. It's been having some periodic problems with stuttering video that came and went - not sure if it was heat related but I thought I would try your idea to bring the temp down.

Ordered the fan through Amazon for just a little over $20 delivered, set it up as suggested yesterday about noon and woke up this morning to readings of high 138, low 100, and average of 127. Hopefully tomorrow will find even lower readings.

Before I added the fan the cabinet was really hot to the touch on the left hand side. When I first set the fan up and turned it on I set it at about half speed and could feel the hot air being sucked out. This morning the cabinet was cool to the touch and the air coming out was just a little bit on the warm side.

Again, thanks for the idea! It probably saved me from having to change out the receiver.

Low 86
Avg 93
High 104

High dropped one degree, but the other two stayed still. This is prob the best I'll see, unless the cold Winter Living Room brings it down.

Post Your DVR Hard Drive Temperatures Here

After seeing a few threads lately about failing DVR's I am curious what people's DVR's are running at and how long you have had your DVR.

You can get this information by pressing MENU, 6, 3, go up to COUNTERS, then press the PAGE DOWN button nine times. It will give you High Temperature, Low Temperature and Average Temperature. By telling us how long you had your DVR it will give us an idea of how long your DVR has been able to maintain its current condition if it does have high temperatures.

High Temperature : 127 F
Low Temperature : 95 F
Average Temperature : 107F

Age of DVR : 3 months

I added a fan to the shelf the DVR is on. Last month the numbers were:

High Temperature : 134 F
Low Temperature : 87 F
Average Temperature : 114F

High Temperature : 131 F
Low Temperature : 107 F
Average Temperature : 118 F

Age of DVR : 23 months

One fan left rear side (when facing front) the rest of vent holes on left taped over.
Dan

Need advice on HD/ Hopper or something

Test RG6 for 3000Mhz using purchased Hopper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)