Awesome, Professional Voom Install Indy-Carmel

trilidar

Original poster
Dec 11, 2004
Just got Voom installed today and wanted to take the time to 'shout from the rooftops' about the EXCELLENT install job I was privy to today. After all the bad press I've been reading about Voom installs in the forums here, it goes without saying that I was a little apprehensive awaiting installation today.

My install window was noon-5P and around 12:30P or so I received a call from my installer, a Mr. Justin Martens of Future Home Tech, informing me he'd arrive in about an hour. We discussed a few of my concerns (24" dish, OTA reception issues, etc) and all were addressed intelligently. OK, good first start: installer appears technically knowledgable, unlike some of the horror stories I've read about here (the blond installer from Greenfield with the beat-up Chevy van immediately comes to mind).

About an hour later, he arrives. He completes a real site survey (I live in a multi-story townhome community and was a little concerned about buildings between myself and the bird) and even recommended a better, alternate installation point for the satellite mast. He even improvised an ingenious solution for my unique wiring closet situation (I had it originally specd for a four LNB D*TV, so some *changes* had to be made to accommodate Voom's system).

Since I had severe OTA reception problems at my old apartment, I had already purchased a Winegard SquareShooter SS-2000 amplified antenna after my move here. Mr. Martens recommended I might want to see how the antenna he brought behaves first, since he had great luck with it in other various installations all over Indy (some as far north as Marion). Of course I was a little skeptical at first, but yielded to his wisdom since he appeared to know his business.

After a bit of tinkering, he finally achieved a rock solid satellite signal (93-95!) and then proceeded to adjust the OTA until it too read almost 90! He then fired up Voom's setup, while we BSed about games and movies, etc. Even the installation's asthetics are top notch. No loose wires. No dangling infrastructure outside (yes, he even tied off the wires running from the dish to my external, weatherproof box).

All in all I was VERY impressed, not only with his CS skills but his technical abilities as well. No watching his work or instructing him on how to complete his job. No excuses about OTA reception or rain fade because of lousy signal strength. No complaining about Voom or his pay. A consummate professional and Installs, Inc asset. Here's hoping he stays with them.

If you live in the Indianapolis area, I would HIGHLY recommend you demand Mr. Martens' services or take your chances elsewhere.

A thoroughly satisfied Voom customer
tril

I want to Thank you for post a positive note on your install most people only have bad thing to say about the installer you never hardly here the good stuff. I know Justin and he is a very good installer and he does know his antenna's

Great Installation Experience

I had the $1 offer 3-receiver Voom installed yesterday in Carmel, Indiana by Justin Martens of Future Home Tech. Justin did a terrific job in all aspects of the installation and paid close attention to details. To echo the sentiments of trilidar on 12/12/2004, I would also recommend that you ask for Justin if you are having Voom installed in the Indianapolis area.

Hopefully all of you with good experiences are tipping the installers that do a great job, i myslef have not been so lucky with Voom and am a bit jealous that you are watching all of that HD nah actually im pissed LOL

TYORK said:
I want to Thank you for post a positive note on your install most people only have bad thing to say about the installer you never hardly here the good stuff. I know Justin and he is a very good installer and he does know his antenna's

You asked the other day who the installer was I talked with who stated he had 1800 waiting to be installed. It was Justin. I said Jason or Jeremy. I hope Justin is the one who comes out Friday to re install my Voom. :)

Just wanted to post a follow-up. It's been a little over 3 weeks and so far I have experienced:

severe wind (these townhome communities are like mini windtunnels)
rain (incl freezing rain) and
snow (for several days I even had icecycles hanging both in-front of and from my dish)

Reception problems? 0. In fact, only last night when it finally seriously downpoured did I temporarily experience rain fade (and I had a stable pic again in less than 5 min).

Still thoroughly happy with my install and Voom service.
tril

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts