Axiom QS8 v.3 Surround Speakers

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Well, I've been looking for surround speakers for my family room for quite a while. Like others, it is a royal pain. Open on the side into the kitchen and impossible to center everything. If I'm centered to the TV, the surrounds aren't centered. If I'm centered to the srrounds, the fronts and tv anre't centered. That's what Audyssey is for. Anyways, I've been using some old Bose 301 on end tables, but way too close to the listener. Fronts are Klipsch RB75s, center RC7, and sub andold Energy. Need a new one of those, too. I wanted something small and compact. They were basically a pair for the price of one Klipsch ($589). For the size, they are prety heavy and very sturdy.

Features:

Twin Titanium Tweeters
Dual Aluminum Woofers, top and bottom
Anti-Standing-Wave Cabinets
Quadpolar Technology
24 karat 5-way gold-plated binding posts

Specs:

Specs QS8
Enclosure: Acoustic Suspension
Max Amp Power: 400 Watts
Min Amp Power: 10 Watts
Freq Resp +/-3dB (Hz): 95 - 20 kHz
Freq Resp +3dB- 9dB (Hz): 65 - 20 kHz
Impedance (Ohms): 8 Ohms
SPL in Room1w/1m(dB): 98 dB
SPL Anechoic 1w/1m(dB): 94 dB
X-Over 2.5 kHz
Tweeter: Dual 1"
Woofer: Dual 5.25"
Sub Woofer: -
Dimens. H W D (inches): 8.25" x 11" x 6"
Dimens. H W D (mm): 210 x 280 x 152
Weight (lbs) each 13.5 lbs
Weight (kg) each 6.123 kg

I reran Audyssey on the Marants SR6005. Measurements are accurate, but I needed to go back into the setup and set the speakers to small. I also noticed that there is an audio delay with the Sharp 844 whe running HDMI through a receiver. Adjusting the audio delay solved that. Ty sound really good.

Right now I have a total mess. Out of practice. For right now, I'm just using clips to keep the wires off of the floor. They are supposed to hold 12 guage wie, but they don't fit the speaker wire I'm using. Due to this room being downstairs, there is no way to run the cables through the ceiling. With one side being open, I will be running wire hiding moulding around the room, disappear the cables at the front wall, run it inside the wall, and out to the receiver.

S~

Listening to Pandora in MC stereo to test the rears. They sound good for rears. Not quite as nice as the Klipsch fronts. They sound great watching movies. I'm going to test them with Sherlock Holmes tonight.

S~

For smallish speakers, they put out a lot. Very clean. Can't beat the price/performance ratio. Great bang for the buck.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts