AZBOX PREMIUM HD FAILS WI-FI

Radar,

Cable from the motor is connected to the most right bottom connector "LNB-IN".
Do I need to terminate the connection on the connector above that - "LNB-OUT"?

Radar,

Please see two pictures of my dish on the top of the garage and let me know if the wires in the front of the dish can make signal quality = 0
The current position is a temporary one.
After I learn to use the equipment, I,ll move it to the house roof.
View attachment 60165View attachment 60166a temporary location until I learn to use the equipment then I'll move it from the top of the garage to the house roof.

Vpaniyan,

Well, your satellite signal is quite a ways over the top of that nearby power pole with the two transformers on it. The satellite in orbit is much higher in the sky than you realize. If you could see it in your picture that you posted, it would appear maybe about fifteen feet above the top of the electrical pole. Maybe more. There is a lot of junk in front of you, but the physical junk isn't blocking your LOS (line of sight). I don't like it much, but I don't think that is your problem, not the physical items (the poles, wires and the transformers that we can see). But, there is going to be a LOT of interference from the electromagnetic field surrounding the wires and especially the transformers. That is the other part of the "background radiation" that your LNBF is going to pick up on.

Those power cables are probably carrying 8000 to 13000 volts up to the transformers and then are downconverted to 220/120 volts for your home and for your neighboors. There is a lot of energy there and that energy in those wires and transformers create a "bulge" of electromagnetic radiation in that area. You are aiming your dish right through it.

If you were aiming through just a couple of low voltage lines, I wouldn't say boo. But, you have a LOT of power cables directly overhead and really close and right in your LOS. That can obscure your signal from the satellite.

I don't know how strong the signal from SatMex 5 should be for you, but you have a LOT of background radiation and electrical noise that might just overpower the signal from the satellite. It may bleed into your LNBF simply due to the proximity of the LNBF to this unwanted noise source.

In other words, I don't think that it is blocking your satellite signal, I think it is overpowering it. Your receiver's tuner cannot differentiate the satellite signal because the background "NOISE" or interference is too strong.

I may be wrong, but that is my assessment of your situation here. If any one has better information, please jump in and assist.

RADAR

Radar,

Cable from the motor is connected to the most right bottom connector "LNB-IN".
Do I need to terminate the connection on the connector above that - "LNB-OUT"?

V, you will have to rephrase your question. Are you looking at the motor connection or the receiver?

You must be referring to the receiver. Connect the cable from the motor (REC) to the LNB IN port on the receiver.
Do not worry about the IF or LOOP OUT connection on your receiver. That is to connect a "slaved" receiver to your main receiver. I have never found a great need for this. It is just an option that is available for you. Ignore it for now, we are concentrating on your alignment so we can set that connection aside for the time being. No matter, no problem. We can come back to that later if you wish. For now, ignore it. Use the IF INPUT for your connection from the motor/LNBF.

RADAR

Last edited:
Radar,

I was able to tune up on 116.8 SATMEX 5 for 2 channels: default and Latin America (BYU).
Please let me know if there are other FTA Satellites that have interesting programs

vpaniyan.

Radar,

I was able to tune up on 116.8 SATMEX 5 for 2 channels: default and Latin America (BYU).
Please let me know if there are other FTA Satellites that have interesting programs

vpaniyan.

Vpaniyan,

Excellent! You got the very same channels that I have! This is good. You have done a lot of work to get to this point. There is more work ahead of you, are you prepared? Yeah, I think you are.

What is your next step? Peak the signal quality from this satllite. Improve your signal quality here, but don't spend too much time on this project and don't be too particular. You don't want to achieve 100% signal quality right off the bat. Trying to do so will be voided later and you would be just wasting time in your project.

Simply grasp the dish reflector from behind and gently push/pull on the edges while monitoring the signal quality on your receiver. If you can improve the signal quality by pulling/pushing the dish one direction, make note of this. Then, loosen the bolts and nuts that hold the dish in that axis (the axis that you need to adjust) and move your dish very slightly in the direction that improves your signal quality. Remember that we do not want to go to extremes here. Just get the signal quality reading to a reliable indication. Don't be too greedy. If you try for 100% signal quality you probably will never acheive it and when you set off to align the other satellites, you will probably negate this adjustment anyway.

Your future goal will be to get as many sats to come in as possible. Do not concentrate on any one of them too long and do not strive to acheive the maximum signal quality from any one particular satellite. If you get carried away in this manner, you will find it more difficult to align to the other sats in the arc. You must sort of split the difference between all the sats. If you go for 100% on one sat, you will likely lose most of the others. Understood?

RADAR

Vpaniyan,

Now that you have one satellite recorded and set up, command your dish to move to the next nearest sat to the east or west. It does not matter which direction you go first. Just head for another FTA bird (sat). Pick a TP on that sat that is known to be always active (not a wild feed channel). Don't go too far away from your HOME position right off the bat. Just go to the next satellite that still presents a signal to you and tweak your alignment slightly to improve the reception.

Go back to the HOME position (like SatMex 5) and ensure its alignmnet. Then move to another sat further to the west or to the east. Tweak it in and then go back to HOME and ensure that it is still aligned. Continue with this process untill you make your way across the entire horizon.

Stop and ask questions as you go along. Refer to THE LIST and to Lyngsat first.

Are you understanding the gist of this procedure? It is time consuming at first, but you will eventually find it redundant. Using USALS is a great help here. Using USALS will drive the dish to the precise location if you set it up properly at step one. The whole procedure becomes a process of calibration and tweaking back and forth. If you have patience, you can align the whole arc with accuracy.

You now have all the tools that you need to get started. The greatest tool is your own brain. We just programmed your brain with the basic necessities. You should be able to engineer the rest from your brain. You will have a few questions, and we will help you when they arise, but most of the rest is your personal DIY project.

Are you ready to fly solo? Try it! Don't worry, we won't let you fall (too far). LOL

RADAR

Radar,

I already tried to adjust quality to max by moving dish up/down and left/right - I got quality 50%, which makes me happy.
I already scanned several satellites, GALAXY 16 at 99.0 W and SES 1 at 101.0 W they have a lot of channels.
I'm still scanning satellites.

Thanks for all your help.

vpaniyan

Radar,

I already tried to adjust quality to max by moving dish up/down and left/right - I got quality 50%, which makes me happy.
I already scanned several satellites, GALAXY 16 at 99.0 W and SES 1 at 101.0 W they have a lot of channels.

vpaniyan

Vpaniyan,

So excellent! You are IN!

You may not be at perfection, but you are functional. Keep up the great work! Find as many sats as you can and report back.

For others, you should detail your dish elevation setting(s) or angle. Was my calculation accurate or did you use your dish/motor manual? How far off was I?

I enjoyed helping you! You gave a lot of detailed information about your system and components right off the bat. Sometimes we have to pull the teeth out out of the mouths of the people just to get to the basics. We don't want to do that. It's messy! LOL

I hope that you enjoy your FTA hobby! I look forward to seeing you around often. Hopefully you will be assisting others with their setup. Always return the favor.

RADAR

Radar,

vpaniyan

Is the 50% quality from the TP off SatMex 5 that I gave you? I only get 60% (62% max) here. I could tweak this a bit, but it is close enough for me. If you drop below 32% on your AZBox, you will lose lock on the signal. You will be pretty safe around 45% or higher for DVBS/QPSK signals. To pick up the DVBS2/8PSK signals you will have to fine tune the dish alignment. It will have to be right on for those, critical aligment.

RADAR

Radar,

Some channels don't have all parameters.
Example, 97.0W Galaxy 19, TP - 11966, Channel name - "Rodnoy Telecanal".
For this channel System Encryption and SR-FEC are missing.
Can we watch this channel?
If so what are the parameters?

Also, can you please shed light on IP Channel - I never used it.
May be some example with parameters.

vpaniyan

As per Lyngsat.com 11966 H SR 22000 FEC 3/4 . no encryption,it is ITC so you can watch.

IPTV channels use your internet connection.

Radar,

Some channels don't have all parameters.
Example, 97.0W Galaxy 19, TP - 11966, Channel name - "Rodnoy Telecanal".
For this channel System Encryption and SR-FEC are missing.
Can we watch this channel?
If so what are the parameters?

vpaniyan

Vpaniyan,

The parameters you are looking for are there (if you are looking at Lyngsat), but they are at the very top of the TP block. Where it shows RRsat Global COmmunications Network.
The Signal type (DVBS) and the SR (22000) and the FEC (3/4) applies to all the channels listed below. The RODNOY channel is IN THE CLEAR or FTA.

The very top line for that TP is just a HEADER for the owner (leassee) of that TP, which is RRsat. The language is indicated over to the right by the R, for Russian. I think.

RADAR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)