AZBox Premium listed on ebay

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DeputyDan

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
Western Kansas (Hays)
I just noticed a listing for a AZBox HD Premium on ebay. This is the first time I've seen the Premium listed in the USA. The listing is by a firm named Cantik Store based in Indonesia. Their website lists the Premium (and the elite if interested) at what was the starting bid on ebay. The latest bid is $115.00 over the starting bid. They give the website address in the listing so it seems strange to me that anyone would bid that far above the price listed on the website. You can also find the website by searching for cantikstore.

Sorry if this posting seems vague / short on details - I didn't know if URLs and/or posting listed prices are allowed.

A seller with zero feedback no thanks :rant:

I agree also. I wasn't recommending the vendor. I am cautious myself when making purchases - especially when it comes to ebay...

I was just commenting that was the first AZBox Premium I've seen offered for sale in the US. The Elite model has been available for some time. I had heard the the Premium was in short supply and I thought this might mean the shortage had eased and that we might see more 'established' dealers offering them soon.

I listed the URL because the prices listed on the website was lower than I had seen elsewhere. My hope is that the lower prices is a result of the loss of the 'eye patch' market for the receiver manufacturers. Supply and demand and all that...

Well, the AZBox receiver offered may be a clone - who knows? I assume, AZBox is CN made anyway, so the factory can start selling the product outside of European supply contract to the local Asian market. Someone supplies the product in volume to Latin America for a while now. Another thing is, the website claims largest supplier status in Asia, but doesn't look like that at all. Ebay purchases however are not always so risky as it sounds, and there're countermeasures available.

The guy is definetly a scammer.I went to website he has listed on ebay.
I notice he is indonesa but he states he is a top dishnetwork seller.Are you kidding
me.Why would a person in indonesia be selling dishnetwork equipment?The site says
you can call to place an order but no phone number is listed.If you try to order something from his website it only takes bank transfers and western union for payment.I sent him 6 emails on ebay about the azbox premium he was selling.
He did not respone to any of them.I told him there was something fishy about his website and his listing on ebay.You can bet your last dollar the guy who won that auction will not receive the item he ordered.Here is a link to his website.
Cantik Store
If you look at the site carefully you can tell it has been copied from someone
elses site.A word of advice don't send him your money.

Well, the AZBox receiver offered may be a clone - who knows? I assume, AZBox is CN made anyway, so the factory can start selling the product outside of European supply contract to the local Asian market. Someone supplies the product in volume to Latin America for a while now. Another thing is, the website claims largest supplier status in Asia, but doesn't look like that at all. Ebay purchases however are not always so risky as it sounds, and there're countermeasures available.
There is no clone for the azbox premium.Someone with a website selling the azbox premium box for 220.00 on the website and every other site on the internet sells it for
500.00 dollars.You know something is wrong with this picture.

Here is my e-mail dialog with Cantic Store:

"Hello Zamar,

Thanks for your email.
Yes we have stock for Azbox HD Premium its cost only $220 USD.
We also use Post office for send the package to the costumers and the cost
only $15 USD to US/Canada include shipping guarantee.
please let me know if you still interested to buy.

Best Regards

Indra"

"Hi,

How I can verify with a government agency in your country, that you're a genuine seller? Do you take credit cards? What are your other methods of payment?

Thanks
Zamar"

"
Thanks for your email.
How many items are you interested to buy ?
I am so sory we are not take credit cards payment,
Our store right know only accept payment with T/T (telegraphic
transfer), Wire Transfer to Bank account or Western Union only.
please let me know if you still interested to buy.

Best Regards

Indra"

"Hi Indra,
How I can verify that you are a genuine seller, and not a fraudulent scam hooks? Can you provide any shred of proof or references demonstrating your company to be a sat dealer in your country?

Most friendly,
Zamar"

"Hello

Thanks for your email.
if you not interested to buy from our store please do not make an order.
Thanks before,
Indra"

I like the store: I'm about to inherit AZBox in Indonezian Lottery. :D

Last edited:
Those ppl from Canada actually:

Domain name: CANTIKSTORE.COM

Administrative Contact:
contactprivacy.com,
96 Mowat Ave
Toronto, ON M6K 3M1
CA
+1.4165385457
Technical Contact:
contactprivacy.com,
96 Mowat Ave
Toronto, ON M6K 3M1
CA
+1.4165385457

Registration Service Provider:
domainsnext.com,
+1.9494979623
This company may be contacted for domain login/passwords,
DNS/Nameserver changes, and general domain support questions.

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 20-May-2009.
Record expires on 19-May-2010.
Record created on 19-May-2009.

Registrar Domain Name Help Center:
http://domainhelp.tucows.com

Domain servers in listed order:
ns1.zoomds.com

Domain status: ok

Last edited:
Looks like a dropship scammer, "representing" a large Indonezian dealer. Given the production cost of AZBox for a CN manufacturer in say $50 range per unit, such price for an Azian market might not be that unusual. Keeping in mind that not all of CN manufacturers, if any, actually follow "exclusive product run ownership rights" agreements (where signed) with product designers, except of course the largest most lucrative long term and locally influential customers.

Last edited:
You should report this to Ebay before someone gets hurt.
Some one bought the one he listed on ebay on the 23.I am sure he will not get it.The new one he listed a couple of days ago has been removed by ebay.I tried to have the first one remove but i did not have any luck when i iinformed ebay of the scam.I also posted a reply for the moderator in the ebay listing forums of me thinking it was a scam.

Good Grief... What scam?

Report this seller to eBay for what?

Until we know more, maybe all the fuss is hysteria from competitors...

I see plenty of potential for this eBay seller being dodgy, :devil:
(out of US, incredibly cheap shipping, etc.)
but take precautions.

Here's how I would handle this:
1. Do not pay with anything other than credit card. PayPal preferred so they don't see your credit card number. If you must give them a credit card number, use one of those one time use number things some CC providers offer. Definitely, no wire transfer, Western Union, bank account, etc...

2. If the seller appears to defraud (screw) you, complain nicely.

3. After enough time goes by and there is definitely a problem, do a chargeback with your credit card company.

Very high chance of getting your money back.

That eBay seller selling the visionsat PVRs started out with zero feedbacks... (but he was in Roseville, IIRC)

Except for one thing: charge back is done by your credit card from Paypal bank, and it may have some "no go" clauses in the customer agreement for such cases, especially if the seller's Paypal or bank account is empty. Of course, they have countermeasures in place for new sellers, such as holding charged funds for a reasonable time to deliver the product, etc. But they also warn buyers in such cases in product description and EBay & Paypal Rules that there isn't much warranty & reprocausion. Read fine print first... :) Besides that, a chance to successfully charge back direct transaction to an overseas bank is slim, as different law and practices apply - so I wouldn't buy direct from the Cantic Store site (just a warning from competitor). :rant:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

97W channels scrambled

OLD Primestar dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)