Bad tech

Oleg24

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 28, 2006
Is there an easy way to get a good tech to check If dish was Installed correctly?
First tech did not do a good job even left open cables on the ground

Possibly new software is causing the low signal level readings.
You may see a signal level message on your check switch screen regarding this issue. Read those notes
Are you losing signal or seeing acquiring sat signal message.
If so, try running a check switch. This can be found in your owners manual.

Possibly new software is causing the low signal level readings.
You may see a signal level message on your check switch screen regarding this issue. Read those notes
Are you losing signal or seeing acquiring sat signal message.
If so, try running a check switch. This can be found in your owners manual.
No I do not lose a signal so it could be new software o and thanks for a fast reply.

Is there an easy way to get a good tech to check If dish was Installed correctly?
First tech did not do a good job even left open cables on the ground
yes and yes..And you got a crappy deal...

On thing..there is a new sofware version that is registering lower signals..The tech bulletin says the sigs are going to be about 30 pts lower...Usually on a DPP Twin I get 100 -110 on sat 119 TP 11..So if you are getting less than say 60-65 the dish needs to be repeaked.....Thge signal meter (accessed by menu 6-1-1-) will show the different configuration..
Cables on the ground are a no no unless...You agreed and signed off to that effect that you would bury them...Or the burial is excessive (over 100 ft) or in very hard or rocky soil....

if you look at signal menu it will tell you on the screen weather you have new point dish menu or not in yellow.. if its not call dish and setup trouble call. or have them send someone to QC the job.

Dishcomm stated that his strength from a dpp plus twin was rolling at 110 strength..... is that from a duel or a single tuner? Single tuners are always much higher then duels.. you can have
301 - 120 strength out of 125
625 - 110 strength our of 125 and be hooked to same LNBF

but now as everyone else stated.. the 322's being low.. anything at this point around 60 - 70 is good strength.

I just installed a 301 and it was peaked at 120 and the 322 was right at 72 strength. Both connected to same dish and same LNBF. Its just new software.

When I talk about signal strengths I'm going for main transponders on 119 SAT.. usually 119 #11 and #16, 17,

Dishcomm stated that his strength from a dpp plus twin was rolling at 110 strength..... is that from a duel or a single tuner? Single tuners are always much higher then duels.. you can have
301 - 120 strength out of 125
625 - 110 strength our of 125 and be hooked to same LNBF

but now as everyone else stated.. the 322's being low.. anything at this point around 60 - 70 is good strength.

I just installed a 301 and it was peaked at 120 and the 322 was right at 72 strength. Both connected to same dish and same LNBF. Its just new software.

When I talk about signal strengths I'm going for main transponders on 119 SAT.. usually 119 #11 and #16, 17,

I don't want anyone to think I get that on every job..Usually my DPP Twin w/dual tuner is anywhere from the mid 90's to a high of 110....That's 119/TP11

The highest signal I've seen with the new meter program on my 322 is low 70's. This low 70's reading was about 104 on the old software. 57 would be a good signal.