Badr3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pedrogarcia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 27, 2008
Kalamazoo / Limassol
Anyone know the final destination for Badr3 please. I was wondering perhaps it would be a support for 97w since it used to carry some of the same channels.

no idea but apparently even the arab operator filed an insurance claim, years ago, after the sat lost half of its power due to a solar array malfunction (the system that aim the array to the sun I think) and on top of that it was launched in 1999 with a lifespan of 13 years so even if they can use half of it, it wont be of much help anyways probably. besides it is coming from far east (26E I think) therefore it will have to use most of its remaining fuel therefore decreasing the 13 years lifespan , right?. I could not find anything on the net for the final destination.

Thanks HD fan. this sure is a mystery, there does not appear to be any ownership change registered. Originally it had a lot of good english language channels now on Badr4&6.
It does not use much fuel to drift west so should be useable for a while if someone needed cheap transponders.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

G25 @ 93.1W

a big dilema, please help, multi receivers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)