Bandwith caps?

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Just curious with the future looking more and more like streaming is the way things are headed does anyone had caps on usage from their internet provider? I so far do not..hope it stays that way.

I use AT&T unlimited DSL . Got a notice last year that they would now , slow speeds of customers for over-usage . We stream alot and have only noticed promblems on the weekends , don't know if we're being cut , or just local area problems ? Do believe caps or over use charges are coming . Guess it's not really "unlimited" .

AT&T did introduce a cap last year.They never could get a reliable method to monitor b/width in all areas.Prior to switching to Charter cable,the online b/width page at AT&T said not to worry about our usage.Charter has a 250Gb cap.Think Comcast in most areas is uncapped until they get the new higher caps set up.They also had a lot of complaints of unreliable b/width usage monitoring.Best I can gather most isps that have caps are in the 200-250gb range according to your plan.We have never come close to the 250Gb cap,we stream on demand,some netflix,amazon,and d/loads.

Thanks Ice and others. I was curious since looks like this month so far I'll use about 100gb...This is my first full month with new provider. No caps but sure one day they'll be here. Not sure how TWCable thinks they will stream 300 channels to the Roku if they ever start putting limits on bandwith? I guess if they ever start placings caps on usage then they won't count the band with you use watching tv lol...only when you surf the net.

I have 10M fiber via a company called NexTech and they have no caps. The cable company (Eagle) caps all tiers at 250GB/mo..

When I was getting prices from Eagle I specifically mentioned that I use a lot of streaming through Netflix and Hulu, and I was told that streaming data is not counted in that, only downloads.. Don't know how true that is though....

T-Mobile's unlimited 4g plan has been serving me well the past few months. Galaxy S2 with mhl to HDMI adaptor works with Showtime, Netflix, and vpnned BBC iPlayer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)