Basic newbie question regarding setting the DVR manually.

fuzzylogic

Original poster
I just installed the GloryStar DVR1100c receiver and since the future shows do not show up in the EPG (even after doing the auto update), I tried to set the recorder manually, but it does not allow me to change the start or end times. How do I navigate that? Every other setting on that menu I could change it by the forward or back button, but this has a symbol that looks like my return key on the computer keyboard. Thanks in advance for your help.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Unfortunately, only a few of the channels currently transmit an EPG.

Page 26 and 27 of the Owners Manual will assist you with setting a timer. The return symbol indicates that the time is to be directly entered with the numeric keys. Please note that you do not enter a stop time, but rather the duration of the recording.

If no event information is available in the EPG, press the TIMER button and manually set an event timer:
Event Number: 10 timers available - Select by pressing Right or Left Arrow
Enable a Timer: YES / NO - Select by pressing Right or Left Arrow
Type: ONCE, DAILY, WEEKLY - Select by pressing Right or Left Arrow
Channel: Choose the channel from the Channel List - Select by pressing Right or Left Arrow
Month of the event - Select by pressing Right or Left Arrow
Date of the event - Select by pressing Right or Left Arrow
Start Time: Set in 24 Hour Mode. I.E. 5pm = 12+5=17:00 - Enter with Numeric Keys (0-9)
Duration of the Recording: - Enter with Numeric Keys (0-9)

Hope that this information is of assistance!

Which Glorystar Channels have the EPG working?

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!

Unfortunately, only a few of the channels currently transmit an EPG.

Page 26 and 27 of the Owners Manual will assist you with setting a timer. The return symbol indicates that the time is to be directly entered with the numeric keys. Please note that you do not enter a stop time, but rather the duration of the recording.

If no event information is available in the EPG, press the TIMER button and manually set an event timer:
Event Number: 10 timers available - Select by pressing Right or Left Arrow
Enable a Timer: YES / NO - Select by pressing Right or Left Arrow
Type: ONCE, DAILY, WEEKLY - Select by pressing Right or Left Arrow
Channel: Choose the channel from the Channel List - Select by pressing Right or Left Arrow
Month of the event - Select by pressing Right or Left Arrow
Date of the event - Select by pressing Right or Left Arrow
Start Time: Set in 24 Hour Mode. I.E. 5pm = 12+5=17:00 - Enter with Numeric Keys (0-9)
Duration of the Recording: - Enter with Numeric Keys (0-9)

Hope that this information is of assistance!

The news channels have limited EPG that can be viewed on FTA STBs. 3ABN transmits an ATSC formatted EPG that is not DVB compliant which can be viewed on PCI cards with TSReader.

Thanks for the help. I guess I should not expect much considering to cost of the service, but I was disappointed with the lack of EPG support and also that almost half of the advertised number of stations are not English. Thanks for putting English as an option on the favorites list so it does not remind me of all the other languages in the package.

I have noticed that programs repeat themselves often, but how often do they change? For instance, when will Bill Cloud change? This is important to know so I don't set the dvr to record 4 or 5 of the same programs (airing at different times). Thanks.

Programs are often repeated during the day but I like that they do--in case I miss one I can always watch it later.

Thanks for the help. I guess I should not expect much considering to cost of the service, but I was disappointed with the lack of EPG support and also that almost half of the advertised number of stations are not English. Thanks for putting English as an option on the favorites list so it does not remind me of all the other languages in the package.

I have noticed that programs repeat themselves often, but how often do they change? For instance, when will Bill Cloud change? This is important to know so I don't set the dvr to record 4 or 5 of the same programs (airing at different times). Thanks.

The stations or programmers set their own schedules, so that information MAY be available from those websites. We do not recommend contacting these stations directly regarding our receiving the programing over satellite unless they deliberately aim at FTA customers -- as in Glorystar -- in which case let them know you are watching them on Glorysatr system.
It is frustrating to not know when they will change, and get a dvr full of the same episode.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts