Battlestar Galactica coming to Universal HD?

Threv

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
I was just looking at the VOOM Eboard news (that comes with the CD) and saw the SCI FI's Battlestar Galactica will be on UHD!!! Commercial free and unedited!!! Unfortunately when I checked the UHD Site it wasn't mentioned so I'm wondering if anyone else can confim it.

I don't know about the rest of you folks but I am SOOOOOOOOO Ready for that.
When I saw the it the First time I missed the broadcast and had to watch a narly copy on TAPE (BLEH!!) :eek:

Also Plusses on UHD Cirque du Soleil shows on christma Eve and Christmas Days. If you into that sort of thing I 've seen them in Orlando, Miami and Vegas and they never fail to put on a good show,though if you like my wife , if you've seen one you've seen them all. Some of the themes and Art Concepts are alittle pretentious but the Acrobats are cool)

But Still the New Battlestar Galactica in HD!!! Oh how I wish I had the High def recorder!!

(PLease Please PLease let in not be the old TV show! While I like the old series it purely for nostalgia reasons....)

Battlestar Galactica will be on UHD!!!

Threv said:
I'm wondering if anyone else can confim it.
Do you watch UHD? If so, pay attention to the previews between programs. I've seen bits and pieces of Gallactica mentioned (shown) several times.

voomvoom said:
Do you watch UHD? If so, pay attention to the previews between programs. I've seen bits and pieces of Gallactica mentioned (shown) several times.

Actually no I didn't Watch UHD (until yesterday). When I'm Surfing I never see anything on there that I am interested in at the moment. However after checking the Website to find out info on BG I saw that they do show interesting stuff.
Last night I watched Century City for the First time, It was..different. (I had heard of it but never got to see it when it was on NBC). During the UHD promos I did see bits and Pieces of the new BG so I am relieved.

Oh Vurbano.. You must be thinking of the old 70's Battlestar Galactica. Which was not the worst TV that honor probably goes to Galactica 1980! ;) or Otherworld.

The new BG from SCI FI is without a doubt the Best Sci-Fi TV since Babylon 5 and arguable the best product the SCI-FI channel has, (with apologies to all the Stargate SG1 fans out there).

If you have not see it I highly recommend you do when UHD puts it on.

Sean Mota said:
I watched it in SD on Sci Fi and it was pretty good. Can't wait for it.

I only caught the miniseries but it was excellent, hopefully the TV series will follow the same style. This is what I was really hoping from UHD, where the SciFi shows like Farscape, Battlestar, and Stargate SG1/Atlantis.

jagouar said:
Do you have a source for Stargate/Atlantis? They are shot by MGM and Ive heard they wont appear on Uni-HD.

Hmmm I thought they were made by Universal, in anycase SciFI has the rights to the Stargate universe and they are NBC.

Dvlos said:
Hmmm I thought they were made by Universal, in anycase SciFI has the rights to the Stargate universe and they are NBC.

They talked about this before at AVS, Stargate is produced by MGM ,then is bought by Sci-Fi to be on their channel, kind of like other shows made by a company's studio to be on another, lets use Buffy as a example, made and owned by Fox , was on the WB ( owned by Warner Bros. ) they then did not to pay the fee to Fox anymore ( sixth season) because it was to them too much $$$ , then Fox sold the show to be on UPN ( owned by Viacom/Paramount/CBS) its last two years, but it is still owned by Fox.

So for Stargate to be on Universal-HD, it would have to be licensed (Sold) to that channel, just because it is licensed to Sci-Fi does not mean it can be on Universal-HD.

Dvlos said:
I only caught the miniseries but it was excellent, hopefully the TV series will follow the same style. This is what I was really hoping from UHD, where the SciFi shows like Farscape, Battlestar, and Stargate SG1/Atlantis.

I want to watch the miniseries once again in HD OAR. I believe when it was on Scifi it was letterboxed. Then I like to see the series in HD! am I asking for too much? :D

Stargate I lost interest on it a long time ago. Liked it when it first came out on showtime but after Scifi picked up, I saw a few episodes and then just forgot about it. Hard to see in HD DD5.1 and then seeing it in SD stereo sound. :D I like to see stargate from the beginning but that may not be realistic.

bruce said:
just because it is licensed to Sci-Fi does not mean it can be on Universal-HD.

Speaking of AVS that's where I had originally read that the Stargates may make it to Universal HD. Probably like all things, if Universal HD gains popularity I don't see why they wouldn't fuel that with their more popular shows from the SciFI channel. Also NBC/SciFi's deal with MGM for the rights to show Stargate maybe for XXX amount of years across their channels, which may include the right to show HD versions of the show on their new sister channel.

All this is speculation but watching some episodes of SG1 and Atlantis on SciFi, I personally would love to see them in HD. I think in some areas of Canada they show it in HD already.

Else, you could rent/buy the series on DVD (aspect ratio of 1.78:1 and DD5.1) as an alternative.

Dvlos said:
Speaking of AVS that's where I had originally read that the Stargates may make it to Universal HD.

Official Press Release

'Universal HD' to Offer Hundreds of Hours of HD Programming Featuring Best HD
Content from the NBC Universal Library

Universal HD will feature blockbuster films, unedited and uninterrupted,
including "Backdraft," "Back to the Future," "Billy Madison," "Far and Away,"
"Jaws," "The River Wild" and "Sea of Love;" award-wining dramas including SCI
FI's "Battlestar Galactica," USA's "The District," "Karen Sisco," "Law & Order:
SVU" and "Monk;" top rated sports such as the US Open and the 2004 Summer
Olympics and performance arts and entertainment.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=4628358#post4628358

Another Post:

eMail Question to NBC-Universal:

Q: Do you know if the SCI-FI program "Stargate: Atlantis" will be shown
Q: in High Definition on the new Universal HD channel?

Response from {someone official}@nbcuni.com:

A: "Not at this point."

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=4709268#post4709268

haha HD (106): Moscow on the Hudson 2/24 @7pm ET

UEFA CUP Live: Auxerre vs. Ajax 02/24 @ 2:45 PM EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts