BB@Home is now Dish Movie Pack

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
I just looked at my account at Dish Network and the BB@Home package is now called the Dish Movie Pack. After paying all that money for the name, Dish is dropping it?
My June 4th bill that I just paid still had it listed as BB@Home.

Reactions: TheKrell
$320 million if memory serves. They could have made it great, but failed to execute and now what are they up to?

Reactions: MikeD-C05
$320 million if memory serves. They could have made it great, but failed to execute and now what are they up to?
The never had the streaming rights from blockbuster. That's what Joe said they were squabbling over. If they had that, a complete Netflix type service would have been possible.

The never had the streaming rights from blockbuster. That's what Joe said they were squabbling over. If they had that, a complete Netflix type service would have been possible.
So who does own the streaming rights now if there are any to be had?

That article was 4 years ago and much has changed since it was written. For one thing there is no more Blockbuster stores and all references to Blockbuster have now been erased from DISH as of this latest update. There was no mention of starting or buying a cell phone company and acquiring bandwith for a cell company and we all know now that this is where Charlie has been focused, as of late.

Blockbusternow.com, the contact us section says "Dish Digital LLC, Englewood, Colo" apparently, they do own Blockbuster on Demand.
The app you can download for iOS, says "Blockbuster On Demand, Sling TV LLC"

I never did understand why they didn't have a streaming service, and why they didn't call their Pay Per View "Blockbuster PPV" or "Dish Cinema by Blockbuster" or something like that.

I think you can you tube or look up the conference when they acquired Blockbuster, And the ideas of how it was going to go I know the rental video store market is not what it was and from a business standpoint the physical store does not generate business as we are in different times but I liked the concept, especially having a blockbuster around the corner was nice to be able to exchange DVD's, new times but I enjoyed going into the stores, as some places are still around. We don't have rental stores, really the only chain is family video

I remember that had a small Blockbuster store setup at Tram Summit where they had a bunch of previously viewed DVDs and blurays. I came home with about 30 movies from that trip.

What a joke. I remember when they launched blockbuster at home and all during team summit the whole theme was to drop your Netflix subscription and go with blockbuster.

Really why do you care? You're not a retailer for Dish anymore, you aren't a subscriber. You spend your time here continually bashing them. You used to be respected member of this place and now, well...

Reactions: KAB
Well, don't pick on 'ole Claude too bad, Charlie bashing is his hobby :) Seriously though, if I had been treated the way it sounds like Dish did him, and some of their other long time retailers, I'd probably be pissed too.

Well, don't pick on 'ole Claude too bad, Charlie bashing is his hobby :) Seriously though, if I had been treated the way it sounds like Dish did him, and some of their other long time retailers, I'd probably be pissed too.
After several years, one would hope maturity would finally kick in.

Reactions: BBCInc
And it really wasn't "all that money." Dish picked it up for CHEAP firesale price. But typical Dish, they just can't seem to know how to run any business except Pay TV, and Ergen would not pay "all that money" (meaning a big salary) to someone to run Blockbuster who knew how to run it or turn it into a valuable asset for Dish. That's why some of these CEO's at other companies get paid $34 million for their services. They can often bring a huge return. But a salary or an executive at that level aint never happening at Dish, and they won't work for one or two million per year and stock options that may only bring them $10 million over a number of years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts