BBC module

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slls

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 17, 2008
My receiver told me to remove the BBC, the setup now states do not use the BBC. Why?

Since your receiver can talk, why don't you ask it? Seriously, you probably either have a SWM setup or you have an HR23 that has wide-band tuners built in.

I looked through a few older posts by the OP to see if he ever mentioned what receiver he has. Didn't find anything.

So will the OP please tell us what receiver model he has?

There was a post where he said that a DirecTV tech replaced his 5LNB with a 3LNB. Maybe the 3LNB was an SWM version.

H21-100 receiver, have 2, one wire to both receivers. 4 wires to the switch , I thinks it's called and 1 to each receiver. I had removed the BBC module before the 3 lnb was installed.

In light of this information, I'd say you do need the BBCs.
You stated that you have 4 lines connected to a multiswitch, thus no SWM setup. Unless what you called a multiswitch is actually the SWM8 module connected to your receiver.

I looked at it again, it is just a junction. 4 wires to each connector and 1 on each for the receivers, just a simple splice. 2 not being utilized.

You definitely need the BBC. Perhaps you incorrectly selected the SWM dish type when going through the setup procedure.

The setup states 3 lnb and don't use the the BBC. It's not installed, so what will I be missing.

The setup states 3 lnb and don't use the the BBC. It's not installed, so what will I be missing.

Right below where it says 3 LNB, does it say multiswitch or SWM? Most likely it says SWM and you need to verify you have SWM, BUT from what you have said it sounds like you have a 6x8.

Which is weird since you only have 2 boxes, correct?

Either which way, verify you have a multiswitch, and make sure its setup that way on the reciever and you should be good to go with bbc attached.

If you indeed do have a SWM then, no, you don't need a bbc and remove it.

I have a different receiver (HR20), but the choices I see include:
03: Slimline-3
17: Slimline-3S(SWM)

I suspect that the wrong type is selected and if you select the correct one, the message about not using a BBC will disappear. You need it in any case to see the channels on D10 and D11 unless you have either a SWM or a H23/HR23 receiver.

also the 3LNB is what Directv is using nowadays, no longer the 5lnb option.

Where did you hear this from??? It might be in YOUR area, but some areas still get 5LNB dishes, due to some of their locals STILL on 119. Also, if a sub wants spanish prog, they get it then, too.
The 5LNB dishes are still VERY much available...

just reset your reciever. the reciever automaticly sees what type of dish you have. swim or a non swim. another question i havnt seen asked is, Do you have a power inserter? they are usually black with a green led either close to your reciever or close to where ever you splitter is.

Right below where it says 3 LNB, does it say multiswitch or SWM? Most likely it says SWM and you need to verify you have SWM, BUT from what you have said it sounds like you have a 6x8.

Which is weird since you only have 2 boxes, correct?

Either which way, verify you have a multiswitch, and make sure its setup that way on the reciever and you should be good to go with bbc attached.

If you indeed do have a SWM then, no, you don't need a bbc and remove it.

Here is the setup.

03: slimeline 3lnb
02: multiswitch

Below, don't use BBC.

Yes, just 2 receivers, H21-100.

The wires go from the lnb to the picture I posted and to the receivers, no other units.
IMG_1038_1_1.jpg

Where did you hear this from??? It might be in YOUR area, but some areas still get 5LNB dishes, due to some of their locals STILL on 119. Also, if a sub wants spanish prog, they get it then, too.
The 5LNB dishes are still VERY much available...

you are correct here but if you dont require special programming then they install the 3lnb dish, no more 5 lnb installs....

Here is the setup.

03: slimeline 3lnb
02: multiswitch

Below, don't use BBC.

Yes, just 2 receivers, H21-100.

The wires go from the lnb to the picture I posted and to the receivers, no other units.
IMG_1038_1_1.jpg

FYI: thats a quad groundblock, not a multiswitch. The 3lnb has a multiswitch built in.

Just to be sure I would check the models of your boxes and confirm that they are indeed h21-100 and if that IS the case you will need a bbc attached for both.

Unclear why this is telling you to not have them, but you indeed do need it.

Give it a reset, check what the auto detect comes up with and then go from there.

H-21 require a bbc.

IF he does need the BBC's (I think he does), if he takes them off he should loose the HD channels coming from the 99 and 103 sats.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)