BBM available for download today

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
http://www.valuewalk.com/2013/10/bbm-for-android-and-ios-download-2/

BlackBerry Messenger is available on Android and iOS today, according to a statement from BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY). The software’s launch was one of the most embarrassing big releases in recent history. The company had to pull the application, and did not give a definitive release date. Today’s roll-out will not be easy for BBM fans, however. To get BBM for Android and iOS, users will have to reserve a copy.

I would have cared about this 3 or 4 years ago when I was first leaving BB for greener pastures. I still had a lot of people on BBM on that time and that was the one feature I missed when I switched. All of those BB contacts are on iPhone or Android now though. I wouldn't even know who to add if I downloaded this anymore.

I still use whatsapp or gtalk for some, and if this isnt neutered, then its the one feature I still miss from BB as it was far superior.

BBM was great but it's useless if you no longer have contacts using it. Outside of government workers and some of the large corporations that haven't switched there aren't many people on blackberry anymore.

That is true. Some would swap back, but with many being comfortable with their current platform for IM, would it be enough? Who knows.

Yeah I don't even know anyone with a BB anymore except for my sister, so basically I don't know anyone I'd use BB Messenger with..

I finally got the email and activated it. Only have a few people on it, but in my admittedly very brief usage with it I can already see that it will replace hangouts (google talk) and whatsapp for my usage of a third party IM.

I like it so far.

When I had BBM I loved it. That was before I had unlimited texting though. All the current plans on Verizon offer unlimited minutes and texting. I'd say over half the people I routinely text have an iPhone so that automatically gets routed through iMessage instead of SMS. Between iMessage and and texting I don't need a third party IM app.

They can be great if you need to keep in touch with people internationally or don't have unlimited messaging though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)