Belkin RemoteTV status/alternative?

shanewalker

Overall, an O.K. Guy
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
KC/MO!
Hey folks, I'm curious if anyone is aware of a solid alternative to Belkin's RemoteTV solution? It allows high-quality (near flawless) wireless transmission of your A/V to a room several yards away. It even allows full remote control of your device through its built-in IR repeater/blaster. Nothing else I've seen really compares to it.

Here's a link: http://www.pureav.com/remotetv/

I have the system (use it to wirelessly transmit/control an E* sat box in our office to our kitchen TV) and think its fantastic, but it seems to be out-of-production (which, in my mind, is a REAL shame and reeks of industry pressures on Belkin to pull the product).

I wanted to set up my parents with this or a similar system to 'throw' their 3rd room sat reciever up to a guest bedroom, but can't find the RemoteTV for sale anywhere familiar nor have I stumbled across another product that delivers the same quality/ease-of-use at a similar price-point.

Anyone?

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I've found that you can find it through some rather obscure re-sellers...and at a substantial markup.

For instance, when I purchased my RemoteTV a few months ago, it was available FROM Amazon direct, as well as J&R, Buy.com and eCost (and eCost had it for $350 vs. the $525 the Amazon Marketplace seller is hawking it for now). Not so comfortable nor keen on paying that kind of markup and through a merchant I don't know, y'know?

Belkin, on their own website, list it as 'Out of Stock', and have for at least 2 months--yet they still have the web pages describing the product.

A bit of a mystery. And a little tragic--it really is a solid product.

I understand the deals..... IF a person os PATIENT long enough everything can be found @ a lower price..... BUT like you say watch those resellers for the GREED FACTOR!!!!!
If I were seriously in the market I would email or CALL the BELKIN Distributors that are listed online and see if they might have some stock the might part with to a "small business" guy doing custom installs.
I could ocasionally sell somthing like this in my business as I am a guy that does do home theater & satellite installs although it is a little to pricey for MOST of my customers where running wires is NOT an option and they MUST have their TV in another room.
BryanSR

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)