Bell is switching to 8PSK April 1st

Slartibartfarst

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
The switch to 8PSK is scheduled to begin on April 1st, so all the old 6000 models are being replaced by the new 6131's.

Bell are sending out letters now to inform people of the free swap out.

The 6000 is the only affected receiver, all other HD receivers, 6100, 6131, 6141, 9200, 9241 & 9242 can handle the 8PSK.

Wow I thought they did not have the signal level from the 82 satellite for coverage across Canada to do this. If I recall properly (not likely), it took an additional 3dB of signal strength for a stable picture when SC switched a while back. Is this confirmed?

Yes it is happening. With the 82W feed now from the new Nimiq4 satellite the signal is very strong. Strength will not be a problem.

Seems Dish don't want to make OTA working in Canada while we had a lot of problem with it here .

Umm, did you mean OTA will not activated ? If I would see picture of back side of it ( or internal).

according to the specs it shows no antenna
Future Shop: TV & Video: HD & SD Satellite TV: Bell TV 6131 HD Digital Satellite Receiver

Off-Air Antenna (F-Connectors) No

and the back from kusat.com

belltv-6131-back.jpg

possibly. Or they might think that if you have Bell you live outside of Toronto and dont need OTA al :)

A quick look over at AVSForms shows more than just a Toronto thread for OTA (Montreal, Vancouver and some scattered results across the middle of the country by those who live near the boarder) but I get your point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)