Bell Promos

My69olds

Dec 28, 2012
centrial Ontario
I was recently contacted by the customer loyalty group. They offered to update my services phone, internet & tv.
I presently have a bell 6131 receiver, it's guide is soooo sluggish
I also bought my daughters small LCD televisions for Christmas.
My wife keeps insisting on getting a PVR, so I guess that'd be a 9242.(or is there a newer offering? )
Any suggestions for the other 2 receivers as the televisions only have HDMI & composite imputs.
Thanks in advance, Drew.

Last edited:
Bell Has a new HD DVR out. The 9400, it has 150hrs of HD recording space(plus the option to add up to a 2tb HDD for even more space) and a new updated guide and is very small, quiet. Ive been told its much better then the 9242 & 9241. If you want other HD receivers get 6400's they are also very small and you can add a HDD to them as well.

If you have been a long time bell customer, they will give you a pvr for free. I had contacted them, and they told me they would have a pvr INSTALLEd for free, installation included. When all my information was exchanged they then said I lived too far out in the boonies to have a technician install one, and therefore the offer was off.

My wife who was very persistant called them back and after 1 1/2 hours on the phone with 1/2 dozen different supervisors the said to purchase the pvr for $499 from the source and they will reimburse me and install it myself....

I just picked it up yesterday and not knowing anything about pvrs I got a model 9400

I did get the employees name and id number along with a confirmation number for this "deal".

--
Gordon

They called 18mths ago and offered me a HD recorder for free and no contract also installed so we snatched it up helps when you have been with them since the stoneage.

I presently have a bell 6131 receiver, it's guide is soooo sluggish

Well that should change shortly as Bell TV roll out a new Guide and GUI for the older HD Models. The 6131, 6141, 9241 & 9242 will all eventually get the same GUI as the 6400 & 9400.

I got the 9400 the other day, but because I live out in the boonies, have to install it myself. They did not tell me I needed a SW44 switch and when I ran down to the 'source' to get one it was $99.95 Also with no hookup directions I didn't know you had to run 2 wires from each LNB. I got an installer coming in tomorrow to hook everything up.
--
Gordon

Try to get your $99 back for the SW44 because the Installer will most likely use a DPP Twin and a DPP Separator, so the SW44 will not be required.

Fixdent...good idea of retaining the name and ID number of the agent. IIRC, when making such a deal.. the CSR is only authorized to give you a 100$ credit along w/ free programming (max 2 free months of your current programming or everthing except for adult and sports packages, free TMN for 6 months or a % rebate). The CSR's manager can authorize 200$ credit.

Before activating the receiver, I'd call back and confirm and request an email from the agent. Otherwise, the store will not accepted an activated IRD.

Cheers, K

If you have been a long time bell customer, they will give you a pvr for free. I had contacted them, and they told me they would have a pvr INSTALLEd for free, installation included. When all my information was exchanged they then said I lived too far out in the boonies to have a technician install one, and therefore the offer was off.

My wife who was very persistant called them back and after 1 1/2 hours on the phone with 1/2 dozen different supervisors the said to purchase the pvr for $499 from the source and they will reimburse me and install it myself....

I just picked it up yesterday and not knowing anything about pvrs I got a model 9400

I did get the employees name and id number along with a confirmation number for this "deal".

--
Gordon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)