Best for new service?

j1mmy6

Original poster
May 27, 2005
Anyone have a good idea of who the best deals are through for new service on Dish. I'm looking to get the 942 and all the HDTV channels. Just wondering if anyone has recently gone through it and now sees the light.

Lease. I don't see the point in buying it when it would cost at least 600 clams. If I wanted to spend that on a HDTV DVR I'd probably just stick with DirectTV. Figure my best bet is to go with Dish since they seem to have more HDTV channels at the moment.

That's always a good promotional point. :D So any ideas on who to use for new service? The place I got the DirectTV stuff through doesn't do Dish so I'm kinda wingin it. I've been looking at SunDish but I don't know if they're kosher or not.

Just call dish and also with a club dish promo you can get a fairly good deal, it saves ya 50 buxs, i have a club dish # for ya if you want it just PM me.

Thanks for the discount #'s guys. I have another question. When going through Dish directly they want to charge an additional 99 bucks for install. When you can install this stuff yourself why do you need them to charge you an additional 99 for it? No one else seems to charge this fee. Any thoughts on that?

If you call The DISHSTORE http://www.dishstore.net/ you should get a better deal than just calling DISH directly. I sure did! Give them a try and compare prices. Things change but I got free install, free second dish for locals (after install added VOOM programing) and both programing promotions, plus that 942 lease. Very pleased with the whole transaction. Total savings per the first DISH bill was over $300.00

I ordered a 942 lease deal through Dish about 10 days ago and they said they would UPS me the reciever. They stated that it could take up to 10 days to recieve. I got mine wed. which meant it took 7 days or 5 bus. days to be technical. Paid $250 using Club Dish card. Bad thing was when I had it installed yesterday we found out that one of the tuners wasn't working. Now I have nothing...until they ship me a new one. I'm pretty bummed out. They said I would recieve a phone call back from thier 942 dept. within 24 hrs. they have a couple of hours left on that. Still waiting on the call. Tired of waiting...need my HD fix soon!!

They are charging $99 for the dish to pick up 61.5. I declined this offer because I have a second dish for locals already. Soon as I get my replacement 942 I'm going to redirect my dish that points at 148 to 61.5 to get the Voom10. Then I'll use off air antenna for digital locals off air. And if they ever mirror voom10 to 148, I'll probably swig that second dish back round to 148. I'm an installer though so it is easy for me to do...just a few minutes to redirect to different birds.

j1mmy6,
Find your phone book, search locally for satellite dealers........................

You'll not receive a bad receiver upon installation. For example, my friend, a local dealer, opens every box, downloads all the vital software, etc. and makes sure the remotes work. Only 1 out of 400 has failed to operate/activate properly after I did the install.

with the internet or even Dish direct, you won't know who you are dealing with.
and if you have any problems the local dealer is there to help.
very simple,

fred

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)